Nipple sharp pain

I wake up this morning with sharp pain on my left nipple. I am almost 48 years old , never have children and when I was 23 years old I had breast reduction. When I touch my breast the sharp pain shoot to my nipple . Should I worry? Or need to go to the doctor right away? Please help.

Thanks for reaching out to us! 

Nipple pain like this can happen for several reasons. 

You may have some kind of inflammatory disorder that is causing this kind of pain. You also may have an infection in your nipple. 

You may also be experiencing this pain due to hormonal fluctuations that happen in our 40s and 50s. 

If this pain continues for more that another day, please visit your doctor. 

Will you keep us posted?

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide