no period

I am 38 years old had a tubal 13 yrs ago. I have not had a period in 42 days. I went to the doctor yesterday. He did not do any type of test what so ever no blood, urine, or even a pelvic. He just stated it was my hormones. How could he know this without first doing some type of exam. Should I see someone else? I have never been this late before since I was was pregnant.

I would say go see a gynecologist for second opinion and see what she says. The might do blood test for hormones and see what's going on. Seeing a gyn is a good idea to get their opinion. Keep us posted if you go.

Thanks for your post.

The likelihood of you being pregnant is miniscule but it can happen so taking a pregnancy test - just in case - is a good idea.

I think your doctor was making an assumption, based on your age, that your hormones may be changing and you could possibly be entering perimenopause. But most women at 38 are still as fertile as ever and you may be nowhere near perimenopuase. If you do not get your period soon, ask for a blood test to be taken, so that your hormones can be checked. Or ask to see another doctor.

Did your doctor say anything about a follow up, if your period doesn't arrive?

he did notsay anything about following up... I don't think that I'm pregnant just feel like its more than just my hormones. I have a history of ovarian cysts. I just he would of checked me out.

(reply to crystalvargas1973)

i have took a home test and it was negative...