no period

By April 28, 2015 - 3:28am

No period for more then 3months. First period came on the age of 12 and now I am 16. I am a virgin. I am getting white discharge everyday. I have bloated stomach now and have gained a lot of weight. From last year to now, it is almost 20kg that i have gained. Food diet didnt change, I do eat a lot of food. However, i dont eat meat. I really feel like having period sometimes but actually i dont have. It is going to be 4 months since i have my period.

You're welcome.

I'm not sure it's just stress. I doubt it's anything too serious but I am glad you are getting a check up! 

Hi Jananey,

If you can rule pregnancy out then you may have a hormonal condition - something like PCOS for example, also called  Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. 

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a chronic endocrine disorder in women. Characteristics of PCOS are:

• High levels of male hormones (androgens)
  • Infertility
  • Obesity
  • Insulin resistance
  • Hair growth on face and body
  • Anovulation—when the ovaries make few or no eggs

Ovaries make follicles that hold eggs. With PCOS, the ovaries make the follicles, but the eggs do not mature or leave the ovary. The immature follicles can turn into fluid-filled sacs calledcysts . Most women with PCOS have cysts. But women with ovarian cysts do not necessarily have PCOS.

he cause is unknown. Genes may play a role. The problem might be related to insulin resistance with high levels of insulin. These high insulin levels cause too much androgen from the ovaries. This prevents ovulation and leads to enlarged, polycystic ovaries.

Risk Factors

These factors increase your chance of developing PCOS. Tell your doctor if you have any of these risk factors:

• Obesity
  • Sedentary lifestyle
  • Family members with PCOS
  • Age at onset: 15-30 years old

If you have any of these symptoms do not assume it is due to PCOS. These symptoms may be caused by other conditions. Tell your doctor if you have any of these:

• Irregular menstrual periods or no menstrual period (amenorrhea)
  • Infertility
  • Hair growth on face and body
  • Weight gain
  • Obesity
  • Acne
  • Dark patches of skin on neck, groin, and arm pit

Jananey, you may not have PCOS (although you have some matching symptoms) but something is going on so please see your doctor to get to the bottom it it.

Keep us posted and good luck! 

Hey, thank you so much for the response!
Ok sure! I am really stressed because of studies, it can be one of the factors too right? I dont have all those symptoms except for obesity and absence of period, I will go and consult a gynae soon and hopefully it will be alright :) Thank you so much, you are really kind and helpful.