ask: No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

mlr

I had my LMP last May 7,2015, last sex on January of 2015. I missed my period last June and still waiting this July, what seems to be the problem?

chrstrobins4

I'm 32 yrs. old, I got my tubes tied 10 yrs ago. I've always had a regular AF every 28 days. My last AF was May 5-2015. I'm now 41 days late and I took 4 hpt and all negative. I haven't been able to make a dr. appointment since he's all booked. Please tell me what is going on so I'm not so worried. Thanks

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to chrstrobins4)

The good news is that your risk of pregnancy is very low, even if your period is late.

Any clinic like Planned Parenthood can help you with this, you shouldn't have to wait for your doctor to free up. If you would prefer to see him, get yourself on his cancellation list or ask to see one of his colleagues.

You are probably just late due to a hormonal imbalance or even stress.

Anonymous

I've Had unprotected sex since January this year, because around middle of January I had 2 Weels of stomach ache and headaches and that's when the pregnacy signs Started to showed up, I also Had all the signs of pregnancy and I still continued to have unprotected sex with out any pills, I have taken the test this month and still a negative this should be the 5 month I get regular periods each month but they seem different from my normal period and also my stomach has grown a bit bigger don't know if it's just fat or if I actually am my boobs have been getting bigger also and I have been having alot more dischsrge. The food I eat tends to come back up my throat also but I still get a negative test what should I do????

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you were pregnant since January you'd be showing by now, getting positive tests and you would not be getting regular periods every month. 

You may be over-eating and gaining weight and possibly be eating foods that don't suit you. Change your diet, watch what foods upset you and see a doctor about these symptoms. 

Anonymous

I haven't had my period for over 3 months, I took 7 pregnancy tests so far and they all came up negative. I do have like sticky gooey discharge but that's it. I'm really scared bc I don't wanna be pregnant. I'm scared to make a doctors appointment to find out what's going on bc I'm scared I could be pregnant and I don't want my mom finding out. I have a little stomach but I don't know if it's from all the food I eat or what. I'm just scared. and worried.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do unless you see a doctor.  You could have a cyst that needs to be treated or a hormonal imbalance. 

Anonymous

haven't had sex before and I haven't been on my periods for 5months. what is the problem? please help

You may have a hormonal imbalance - you need to be seen by a doctor for testing.

Anonymous

I do not have normal periods I never have . I had unprotected sex back in July . I'm experiencing severe fatigue , breast are lactating . I've gained worth in my lower abdomen . I have severe headaches daily . People have even asked if I'm pregnant . I've taken test and thy are negative . I feel like something is moving around . I have a 2 year old son .

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :