No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

By September 23, 2009 - 10:01am

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

Hello, I'm 18 years old and I'm 2 months late on my period. I've had sex but it was always protected sex. I took a pregnancy test and came back negative. I honestly don't know what's going on...any ideas??

Anonymous

I'm going through something similar. I haven't had a period for 4, going on 5, cycles. I've taken several home pregnancy tests which all come up negative. If I were pregnant would I be showing by now?

Anonymous

Im having the same issue. I havent had my period in about 5 months now and every single one of my test are negative. ultrasound very clear with no baby in the picture and blood work everything came out regular... But Its not at all normal for me not to have a period unless being on birth control which currently im not on please can someone me figure this one out

Anonymous

I'm having a similar issue. I'm 5 months late. I have had negative blood work but 2 positive home pregnancy test. I've had morning sickness all day. I've had to go up two bra sizes. I'm sure bloated and my stomach is starting to get hard. I've had what could be movements but I'm not sure. I went to my OB and she wouldn't do any ultrasounds because my blood work came back negative. She suggested I take a medication that will force me to have a period. I know my body. Something isn't right. I don't want to take a medication that will cause me to have a miscarriage if I am in fact pregnant. I'm not stressed or anything. I've gained a little over 15 pounds. I feel like I'm going crazy.

Please insist on seeing the doctor or another doctor. You need a proper evaluation. A scan is available in most doctors' clinics and they take just a few minutes. Insist on one - you have the right to do this.

Anonymous

Hi, my name is Ariel my husband and I been going to my doctors and I wanted to know why I haven't started my period for 5 months going on 6 months. My mom told me that when she was pregnant with my brother she didn't find out till the 3rd month. On my family side the latest they found out that there pregnant was in there 4th month. I never missed a period always have them every month. Doctors don't want to do blood work or an ultrasound or other test to find out what's going on . I noticed that my eating habits changed alot and I been sick here and there. I took 5 test and they say negative. What should I do?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Ariel,

If indeed you were pregnant, you would be showing by now.

Why is the doctor refusing to order blood tests or ultrasound/
Maybe, it is time to find another gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Mercedes

Hi I need to know. What can i do because. I didn't get my period for 3 months now.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you are younger than 50 years old and have been having unprotected intercourse, you need to take a home pregnancy test.
Test in the morning. Use the urine when you wake up and use the bathroom.

If you are in your 50s, this may be a sign of perimenopause. As hormone levels fluctuate, your periods become irregular. You can start missing periods as well.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi so I am 25 I had my tubes tied a year ago well I got my period after my tuble and was fine well a month after I started bleeding very heavey for 6 months straight and then I just stopped for the past 3 months there has been nothing well I went to obgyn when I was bleeding and they did test well my ultrasound came back with bubble like things on my uturus and overies they didn't know what it was so they just let it go well since I have not been bleeding I have been getting very bad headaches and nausa everyday neg preg test and I am very clumbsy and off balance what could this be ????? I am so tired of all of this

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide