Q: 

No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

By September 23, 2009 - 10:01am

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

I have not had a period in five months. I don't have a regular period but this is super long. I am not pregnant. What could be going on?

Anonymous

I have not had my period since January 2017 and every month since then, I have taken a pregnancy test each time and all had negative results. Since May 2016, I stopped using birth control because my spouse and I are trying to conceive. While I was on birth control for about 10 years and my periods became very regular to the point where they stop completely which I was informed was normal. Once I stopped the birth control, my period came back but was irregular. Up until January 2017, was my last period and my last appointment with my gynecologist was back in 2015 which went very well and I'm not due for another appointment for the next year or 2. I will also say that I have been exercising regularly since November 2016 but even then my periods still came. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

I never had a missed period till last Feb 2017. I had my last period january 4 2017 had sex with my hubby on the 17 jan , 26 jan i had a very light period not even a day and its gone. Feb March and April not a single visit of auntie flo feel very pregnant but not a single positive test (never tried a blood test and ultrasound though) But two days ago may 6 2017 i had hell lot of discharge that makes me so unconfortable changing liners and underwear often .now i have blood not the same as my regular period though its very light red but i dont feel anything ,cramps pain and such which i normaly felt during my period. My husband saying that he 100% sure I'm pregnant but I cant avoid to stress my self thinking whats wrong with me like what if I am pregnant or what if Im not. so hard to have an ultrasound in the country where I am now . need to make apointment and hell of queue even on private hospitals. though I knew i should consider efforts since I wanna Know the answer. but writing here may give some hint hearing from anyone same boat . luv to hear from ya'll.

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing.

Your husband is not a good guide as to whether you are pregnant or not - that is what tests are for.
You may have a hormonal balance - can you get a blood test? A blood test can also rule out (or confirm) pregnancy for you.

Anonymous

I'm 18 and the last time I had my period was nov.30-dec.5. It's been four months since than and I have not had sex, so I could not be pregnant. I've been cramping on my right side lately and had cramps on my lower stomach at random times. I haven't been to the doctors nor have told my parents about this but I have a feeling it could be a uti due to past events but I'm not sure

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please consider scheduling an appointment with a gynecologist to determine why you have not gotten a period in four months.

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. Any upset will cause changes, and is treatable.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I had my period last November 22 and had unprotected sex December 11 and got period January 5 to 7 and from February to April 3 months I didn't got my period and I took a pregnancy test was negative. Is it a false negative?

Hello Anon

You'd be 5 months along now if you were pregnant. Women can bleed in pregnancy sometimes but they can't get menstrual periods. Since you are three months late, you need to discuss this with your doctor.

I had my second daughter November 6th, I got an IUT, the plastic medicated kind. Now, I bled until about the middle of January, nearing the end of Jan. The IUT must have fallen out because it was completely gone by feb. But it was there before. I could feel it.
Now, I haven't had a period since, just one day with one wipe of spotting. Nothing more. And a negative pregnacy test. I have bad lowe back pain like I need to crack it but can never reach it, and super soreness. As well, I have this mole on my back for years and now it's scabbed over and itchy as what,my SO noticed blood all over the back of my shirt one morning from the itching in my sleep.
Please, advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guide (reply to Snagy195)

Hello Snagy195,

I am glad you reached out to us with your concerns.

First, you need to speak with your gynecologist about the lack of a period in March.

Second, you need to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist to have the mole evaluated.

Do not ignore either problems.
Regards,

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide