ask: No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

I've Had unprotected sex since January this year, because around middle of January I had 2 Weels of stomach ache and headaches and that's when the pregnacy signs Started to showed up, I also Had all the signs of pregnancy and I still continued to have unprotected sex with out any pills, I have taken the test this month and still a negative this should be the 5 month I get regular periods each month but they seem different from my normal period and also my stomach has grown a bit bigger don't know if it's just fat or if I actually am my boobs have been getting bigger also and I have been having alot more dischsrge. The food I eat tends to come back up my throat also but I still get a negative test what should I do????

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you were pregnant since January you'd be showing by now, getting positive tests and you would not be getting regular periods every month. 

You may be over-eating and gaining weight and possibly be eating foods that don't suit you. Change your diet, watch what foods upset you and see a doctor about these symptoms. 

Anonymous

I haven't had my period for over 3 months, I took 7 pregnancy tests so far and they all came up negative. I do have like sticky gooey discharge but that's it. I'm really scared bc I don't wanna be pregnant. I'm scared to make a doctors appointment to find out what's going on bc I'm scared I could be pregnant and I don't want my mom finding out. I have a little stomach but I don't know if it's from all the food I eat or what. I'm just scared. and worried.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do unless you see a doctor.  You could have a cyst that needs to be treated or a hormonal imbalance. 

Anonymous

haven't had sex before and I haven't been on my periods for 5months. what is the problem? please help

You may have a hormonal imbalance - you need to be seen by a doctor for testing.

Anonymous

I do not have normal periods I never have . I had unprotected sex back in July . I'm experiencing severe fatigue , breast are lactating . I've gained worth in my lower abdomen . I have severe headaches daily . People have even asked if I'm pregnant . I've taken test and thy are negative . I feel like something is moving around . I have a 2 year old son .

Anonymous

Anonymous
My son is 13 months. Me and his father had unprotected sex. Now my period is late going on 4months. The only time I've experienced anything like this was when I was pregnant with my son. I took 3 pregnancy test which all came back negative, but I'm really confused because most of the time I feel something moving in my stomach!! Can anybody tell me what they think about my situation please....

If you have had unprotected sex, have missed several periods and can feel movement in your stomach, then you do need to have a scan done to see if you are pregnant. While pregnancy tests are usually very accurate, yours may not have been. 

Keep us posted! 

Hi. I'm being so stressed with my situation right now. I'm married and wanted to get pregnant. My period has always been irregular ever since. It always comes every other month. I've got no period since January of this year until now, that's already 4 months. May is coming and it will be 5 months no period. I've done pregnancy test twice a month and it's all negative. I read in my research that gaining weight , stress and traveling may be the cause of it. I never see a gp yet, I'm always worried of whatever they will find out. I don't know what is wrong. I just want to get pregnant.

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :