ask: No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

By lokelani21 September 23, 2009 - 10:01am

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

I have a similar situation . A week after sex i had a perfect normal period. I typically have heavy periods so it was quite normal in amount and length. BUT I have irregular periods and I always have but this time i'm 3 months late which hasnt happened before. As expected i was a bit worried so recently i took a couple of pregnancy tests which were all negative. Is there a chance im pregnant anyways? Also i was blood tested for PCOS and i didnt have it though some of my family has it.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Pregnancy does not sound plausible - you had a period and a negative test.

Anonymous

hey am 18yrs....polycystic ovaries syndrome runs in my family....soi have irregular periods....Im accostom to missing my period like every other month....my last period was july 4-9.....its 4 going on 5 months that i have had my period......i did 2 pergnancy test...1 home and 1 at the clinic both came back negative....ive been having pregnancy symptoms......like tender breast.....abdominal pain....lower back pain......mood swings....a lot of vaginal discharge....craving....period pains but no period.....tiredness......feeling bloated and have been feeling sick occasionally......am kind of worried because i have no idea whats going on with me......

You need to see your doctor. You're not pregnant since your tests are negative but you need to see a doctor to be tested for PCOS and have your hormones tested in general to see what is causing this.

Hello I try creating an account but to no avail.
I have seen a doctor but she said nothing is wrong with me.sometimes I will be cold in 2min and also hot inside for 2min

I don't know which Anon you are, you can make up a name on your post when you write back. I assume you are the person I talked about regarding possible PCOS?

You need to get a different doctor. Having no period for 6 months is NOT normal. Ask to see a gynecologist, someone who specializes in female reproductive care.

Anonymous

Hi I'm 23 years old and I haven't got a period in almost 7months I'm not pregnant I just don't know what's wrong with me. Someone please help I'm kind of scared.

Your cycle has stopped for an unknown reason. You will need to see a doctor for some testing to see why. It's likely a disruption in your hormones and tests can identify what's going on.

Anonymous

hi im sherna 21 years old and had a unprotected sex and i am now 5 months no period i had pregnancy symptoms lower back ache, and i try pregnancy test unfortunately its negative.. what should be the problem any one can explain it pls..im so curious

Anonymous

I'm 24 yrs old, and I've had a period since I was 13 yrs old. I have NEVER missed a period in 11 years. Recently I had sex back at the end of June, and for the month of July I did not have a period. Also, it is now August 13 and I have STILL not had a period. My nipples are burning, my ankles are swelling, and its noticeable, I've had occasional cramps on my lower right side but no period. But I've taken FOUR pregnancy tests in the past four weeks and they've been negative. This is so uncommon for me. I havent had rapid weight gain, I haven't been stressed, so I dont know what the problem could be...

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :