No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

By lokelani21 September 23, 2009 - 10:01am

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

Hi. I have an irregular period. I had sex with my bf last october 23, 2015. He didnt use condom but he releases it outside. before that he masturbate in the morning then in the afternoon before we had sex. I got a normal menstruation in november. then december and january i didnt have menstruation. last week of january I tried using pregnancy test twice and it turns out all negative. Then february and march I only have spotting for two days. Then last week of march 2016. I tried again a pregnancy test twice using different brand than before and still turns out negative. But still I dont have a normal menstruation. Could I be pregnant?. I didnt experience vomitting. Please help.thanks.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am glad you reached out to our community for help.

If you have been testing correctly, that is testing in the morning and using the first urine of the day, you can accept all the negative test results.

If the only time you had intercourse was on October 23, 2015 and had a normal period afterwards, you are not pregnant.

I do suggest you schedule an appointment to determine the reason you have not had a normal period since November.

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. You may have some type of imbalance, which can be picked up with blood tests.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi anon
I am 30 years old .My last period was jan 22nd or 24 2016 .my boyfriend hAd sex on feb 7 9,10,12 my period never came for feb .i take 7 pregnant test all negAtive .my legs hurt do feel little sick on mornings .my last time i wAs pregnant13 years ago.it now march 28 .i took test still negAtive . I get reg period no issue .i am so confused .

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I think it's time to see a doctor for a blood test to check for pregnancy and if it's negative, talk to him/her about why you are not menstruating/

Anonymous

I have a similar situation . A week after sex i had a perfect normal period. I typically have heavy periods so it was quite normal in amount and length. BUT I have irregular periods and I always have but this time i'm 3 months late which hasnt happened before. As expected i was a bit worried so recently i took a couple of pregnancy tests which were all negative. Is there a chance im pregnant anyways? Also i was blood tested for PCOS and i didnt have it though some of my family has it.

Pregnancy does not sound plausible - you had a period and a negative test.

Hi maam susan :) i had a problem to .. about my period. i dont have yet for almost 4 to 5 months . i try pregnancy test 5 times but all are negative . most people says to me that im pregnant. i dont have any symptoms yet aside from my stomach are bigger and bigger. I to go to the doctors twice A MONTH to have second opinion . but both of them percist that im gonna take duphaston . it is safe ? for me .. i dont want to take medicine cause its synthetic.

You don't have to take any medication you don't want to.

Duphaston is a synthetic progesterone drug used for many reproductive issues including problems with the menstrual cycle.

The word synthetic sounds a bit scary but this med is far easier for the body to absorb than natural progesterone and isn't considered dangerous.

But it's up to you whether you take it or not.

Anonymous

hey am 18yrs....polycystic ovaries syndrome runs in my family....soi have irregular periods....Im accostom to missing my period like every other month....my last period was july 4-9.....its 4 going on 5 months that i have had my period......i did 2 pergnancy test...1 home and 1 at the clinic both came back negative....ive been having pregnancy symptoms......like tender breast.....abdominal pain....lower back pain......mood swings....a lot of vaginal discharge....craving....period pains but no period.....tiredness......feeling bloated and have been feeling sick occasionally......am kind of worried because i have no idea whats going on with me......

You need to see your doctor. You're not pregnant since your tests are negative but you need to see a doctor to be tested for PCOS and have your hormones tested in general to see what is causing this.

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide