No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

By September 23, 2009 - 10:01am

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

Hey My name is Julia . Im 19 and haven't got my period in 3 months. I have been to the doctor multiple times for pain and have took maybe pregnancy test and blood test all negative. I am not irregular or stressed . Not has really changed and nothing like this has never happened. I have been getting pain my my pelvic area and breast mostly . I feel sick at night and more tired . The doctor have took many test and they all say nothing is wrong and I have no illness or diseases . Also last month I had really light spotting for 2 days and 2 weeks after that I had a little blood clot come out . I didn't bleed after the clot it was just that . Sorry for the paragraph. Really need some help

Hello Anon

If you haven't had a period and are experiencing pain in the pelvic and breast areas then something must be going on. What kinds of tests have been done so far?

Anonymous

I am not having clearly for about 3months.
I went through a miscarriage and after it I didn't have period for two months.
after 2months I had period but that was not clear. not even a day my period stayed.
the next month the period was more light.

what to do? is it a big problem? or may affect in my future pregnancy?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to telephone your gynecologist's office, report this and schedule an appointment to be seen.

Regards,

Anonymous

hello.. i am virgin n m having same problem no periods since 5 months.. doctrs have given some medicines but nothing working... still having same problem.. can any one help? gone through ultrasound... age 18

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Have you told the physician that the prescribed medication did not help? What was the diagnosis? Why have you not had a period for five months?

You need to speak with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi there I am 22 yrs old I have had irregular periods in the past it all started when I was 18 I missed 3-4 months and took test but came out negative inwent to the doc and they told me I was not producing enough estrogen so they gave me these 5day pills to make my period come it did ! I had All my periods come normal different date but every month then again I stopped getting periods For 1-2 months then would get them and recently i went to the doc and once again they gave me 10 day pills to take and by the 7th day I got my period but for July 18th 2016I got it so I stppped taking them I got my period the following month August 25th 2016since then I have not got my period I been having unprotected sex have been since I was 18 but no pregnancy I have gained weight my stomach is big but BC I'm eating more I'm always tired I get light headed tend to sweat a little when I'm sleeping
Please help should I go get blood drawn ??? Or what I know this is not normal and don't want to keep using pills to make my period come. Thanks ,Vanessa

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Vanessa,

If I were you, or you were my daughter, I would want to know specifically what was the reason for the low estrogen levels.

Have you been diagnosed with PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome or oligomenorrhea?

With a diagnosis and treatment plan, Vanessa, you may have regular menstrual cycles. Taking a daily pill is a small price to pay.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Im Anna
I haven't had a period in over a year I had an IUD that was removed a year ago got on depo. I didn't go in July for my shot. Still no period my blobs are heavy sore and itchy. Along with other symptoms. I have taken 1 pregnancy test a month except this month all negative. Not sure if I or even when I should test

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Anna,

Please contact your gynecologist about this. You may need to have some blood tests done.

Regards,

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide