No period for 5 months negative pregnancy test what could be wrong?

By lokelani21 September 23, 2009 - 10:01am

I had my last period on 4-15-09 and it was normal. The next month I had kind of a spotty one. Nothing heavy. I have not had my period sonce then. I have taken home pregnancy test at least twice a month and they all come back negative. I do how ever have some cervical mucus.some probably every other day. I do not know what is going on. Please help if you can.

Anonymous

Hi im 22 years old. I'm always having regular period until Mar. 05,2016. I still have sex with my husband every week. No vomitings but really gained a lot of weight. from 50 kilos now im 60kilos(first time). i always maintain 50kilos but now it just keeps gaining. though i only eat once a day. pregnancy test all negative. went to the doctor four times had vaginal check up but was all negative they even put some medicine to my vagina so my period comes out. but until now still no period. Do i have a possibility of pregnancy? stretch mark all over my legs and
some in my breast. sleeps a lot than usual. i would be very happy if i was pregnant thought. until now still confuse.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can appreciate how much you would like to know that you are pregnant. Have you had an ultrasound and a blood pregnancy test done? Have you been examined by a gynecologist or primary care physician? Have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I'm 45 yrs old had a normal period every 28 days, had my last period Nov. 8,2015 all pt results negative. March 1,2016 had a very light period lasted 1day, April 20,2016 had my trans vaginal ultrasound result I'm not pregnant. But I notice my tummy is getting bigger, again June 19,2016 had my period light so I went to my ob for check up she ask me to have another tv ultrasound, I took pt again this morning but got negative result. Please help been drained with check ups already am I pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It doesn't sound like you are pregnant, it sounds like you are entering perimenopause with irregular periods and an expanding stomach. This is an unfortunate aspect of mid-life that many women deal with.

Have your doctor evaluate your hormonal count.

Anonymous

Hi. Im 22 . I always have only 3 days menstrul period but on irregular dates and only light period not even using pads . Ive been havin this abnormal period just only last year . Last feb my period ddnt showed up but i got it at first week of march for only 3 days and its lil heavy than which i thank coz i get back to normal and uses pad . But last April my period ddnt shows up until now so im 3 months delayed . Im thinking i was pregnant till i tried the test today. The pt shows negative. I had sickness. Sore nipples. Wnting to pee every minute. Loses weight but tummy got bloated. My situation now confuses me. Need help

I am glad you reached out to us for help. Please call and schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. A diagnosis of the cause of your irregular menstrual cycles can be made with a physical exam, obtaining a medical history and necessary blood tests along with diagnostic tests like an ultrasound.

Regards,

PhD1081

My period is usually normal.I had sex in January.Then my period is normal.I took primolut N to delay my period in March.In may my period is twice.First lighter and second spotting.Now in June period is not started.what was happening with me?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to PhD1081)

Hello PhD1081,

It would appear that taking Primolut N caused a hormonal imbalance that resulted in two period in May and no period yet for June. Did you have a period in April?

Primolut N tablets contain the active ingredient norethisterone, which is a synthetic hormone similar to the naturally occurring sex hormone, progesterone. This hormone plays an important role in women's menstrual cycle and fertility. Progesterone is responsible for ovulation, among other things, and also helps keep periods regular. A shortage of progesterone can cause health issues such as menstrual problems.

Consider speaking with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had sex with my boyfriend using pull out method while having my menstruation last March 2, 2016. It was also the last time I had my period. I have irregular period ever since even before I had sex with him. but it suddenly stopped. I missed my period for almost 3 months now. I am very worried. I have no other signs of pregnancy just missed my period. What is going on please help me. Thank you

Your risk appears low but you need to take a pregnancy test to know for sure.

Amenorrhea

Amenorrhea Guide