no period

i had a period on april 23 two wks later i had sexual inetercourse with my bf. 12 hrs later i took the plan b pill. next day may 9 i began to bleed like a period for 4 days. it is now june 1 and no period. am i pregnant??

Anonymous

Hey I'm going through something similar. I took plan b (a generic form) May 2nd, 5 days later I had the weird 4 days of bleeding..I'm 9 days late if I calculate by my old cycle, but due for my period any day if I count the 4 day bleeding as a new cyle, and I've been having my usual menstrual cramps the last couple days..I've had 4 negative pregnancy tests, so I'm pretty sure those few days of bleeding was from plan b forcing my cycle to restart.. Sure wish it would hurry up though!

The side effects of emergency contraception can mean the next period is delayed. You may have to go by the last time you bled which was May 9th.

If you don't get your period by then take a test but your risk is very low - only about 5%.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills