no period and tubes tied for almost 8 years...what's going on?

By Anonymous March 9, 2015 - 6:08am

I have had my periods on pretty much a normal basis they might delay for a period of 2-3 days from stress but 8-9 days now is the longest I've went without. I have had really none of my normal symptoms of one coming and I've had my tubes tied for almost 8years in June. What could be going on???

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for coming to us for help.

A hormonal imbalance of some type is the reason. How late is your period?

As you may already know, the menstrual cycle is regulated by a intricate balance of hormones. Imbalances occur with pregnancy, stress and during perimenopause, and are reflected in irregular, late or missed periods.

I doubt pregnancy is the cause. But, depending on your age, perimenopause might be the reason. If you miss your period for one month, give your gynecologist a call.