ask: No sex drive anymore :(

By ennairb

Hey I need some serious help here; I need to know if there are any perscriptions you can get from your doctor to help with your sex drive. Like I used to be a sex addict and made my boyfriend and my relationship so much fun and exciting. And now sex is the last thing on my mind. We used to have sex at least twice a day everyday. and now maybe once a week. And the sad thing is we are only 19!!! I fell like I would rather just relax or go to sleep then have sex. I used to crave it 75 percent of my day ( in a healthy way lol ) Like its gotten to the point that I dont even feel sexual towards anything really. Like something has to be wrong. My boy friend is willing to do anything and everything to get me off and I just would rather say no and do something else... And this is dramaticly affecting our relationship and its really starting to scare me because of how sexual and fun we used to be and now how tired and boring it has gotten and i know its because of me so i really need to figure out something i can do. or take, please help!!!

ennairb

Thank you for your suggestion and before I just had a high sex drive, like i wouldnt just pounce on the next guy i talked to but like if i had that "feeling" i would make sure to find a way to release it lol with my boyfriend of course. Like on lunch times or whatever but yeah I'm really starting to think there might be come kinda of hormonal imbalance going on here. Because to go from such a high sex drive that i would almost get these little tingles (..down there) to absolutley nothing. Ill make sure to check in to the doctors sometime soon and figure out whats up. Ill keep posted what i find out!!

Sexual addiction is a serious thing; you can't have it and suddenly not have it. Are you self-diagnosing or did you receive an actual diagnosis and treatment? Or do you mean you just have a high sex drive? It's important to know the difference. One is quite healthy, the other can be deadly.

As to why your sex drive is low, we can suggest that you get a full hormonal check up from your doctor to see if your hormone levels are out of sorts. I know at 19 that this is the last thing you might think could happen, but it can. Your doctor can also suggest other testing to see if another condition could be causing this. I agree you are far too young to have no drive whatsoever (not that it's ok at any age!).

Here is a link that may also help you: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/21-year-female-no-sex-drive-how-do...

Let me know what you think and thanks for writing!
~Susan

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: