Constipation

Constipation Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Is this Normal?

By Melissa6666

Hi, There is something bothering since morning I'm wondering if it's normal. When I went to the bathroom in the morning I realized my bowel movement were all in small size like a pearl is this normal? I am aware I have IBS and PCOS do you think this is related to this or something is wrong? It looks like mini size balls. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Melissa

Hi Melissa! 

It sounds like you are constipated. To increase your fiber, eat apples, a high fiber cereal, and raspberries are very high in fiber! 

Lentils, artichokes, peas and broccoli are also high in fiber. Drinking prune juice will help enormously. Remember to drink plenty of water and walking is also great for regularity. 

Incorporating a high fiber diet in general will help to stop constipation. 

Has this helped?

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thanks for your reply. My mother was telling me the same thing such as I might be constipated but I don't feel like I am because I had colonoscopy done few months ago and I was told everything are normal and last month I had endoscopy done and I was told I have mild gastritis. This gastritis problem I have is bothering me a lot. Do you think because of gastritis is because I have mini size bowel movements? Please let me know.
I do eat healthy in general I eat lots of fruits and vegetables. I'm about to have a big bowl of salad my usual favorite :)
Thanks,
Melissa

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Melissa6666)

Hi Melissa

The gastric issues could be why you are constipated - just increase your fiber even more to see what happens. You can also take something like a magnesium supplement every day to help with constipation. You can find this at any drug store. 

Melissa6666 (reply to Susan Cody)

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean having gastritis the cause is from being constipated? I do have magnesium. I will start taking them next week today I had myelogram done so I'm like recovering for now and I will take them next week.
Thank You,
Melissa