normally i have my period for 3 to 4 days.i just want to ask i you still consider mentruation the brownish or dark brown like that on the 5th days.but its only few brownish.thanks

By March 26, 2010 - 4:48pm

thanks susan! i really do appreciated your nice comment..now its enlightened me..thank you so much!

Hi Jen 03!

Your situation is very normal. Fresh blood is red and is most often seen for the first 2-4 days of a period and fades to a browner color; all this means is that the blood is old and your period is very light at the end of it's cycle so a very small, brownish flow is normal.

I hope this helps you!

ok thanks susan i really appreciated your comment...so that means as long as there still browner color..its still counted as my days period?...coz normally i have my period for 3 to 4 days on the 5th days it becomes browner like that..so...if im going to take down note my days of period ..is become 5 days now? am i right?

HERWriter Guide (reply to jen03)

Hi again Jen!

Yes, you can include that day 5 (or 6) as your period. A normal period is anywhere from 2-8 days. And both red and brown bleeding is part of a normal period. Does this make sense?