Not sure if it's pregnancy or other health problems?

By March 28, 2012 - 9:43am

Last week I had both a UTI and yeast infection. So I was on two forms of medication. If not on birth control I should have ovulated last week but had been taking them right and hadn't missed any. I had sex over the weekend with my boyfriend but he did pull out. Less than three days after we did I began to have slight cramping and light pink then brown discharge for the past few days. I'm a week out from having my next period. I know antibiotics can counter birth control so I'm wondering if this is my body adjusting back to birth control? I think it would have been much too soon for implantation bleeding and it was the first time that we were sexual since my last period.

I was only on antibiotics for four days and the problem is my doctor asked if I was sexually active but didn't tell me that antibiotics could mess up birth control! I haven't taken antibiotics in years so I had no idea until I read stuff online. I stopped antibiotics Sunday so the pills should have taken effect within the next few days, the spotting started on Monday.

Hi gurlygurl777

It could have been that your bleeding is withdrawal bleeding, meaning the antibiotics stopped the Pill from working. Using the withdrawal method wasn't really a smart thing to do, since you may have ovulated. How long were you on the antibiotics? You should probably need to use a backup method of birth control for at least the next week.

If you are worried about pregnancy, then take a test two weeks after you had unprotected sex.