not sure whats happening !?

I turn 44 tomarrow. for the past month I've been experiencing night sweats, almost as if cold sweats..severe..insomnia and during the day I just break out into sweating perfusely for no reason ! I am under alot of stress and I'm not sure if this is anxiety related or the beginning of menopause ! what are the symptoms and what can i do to stop this !? Iv'e tried Black Cohosh however it only helped for 2 days.

Sounds like your entering Menopause. Women are different, some start earlier then others, some later. I entered Menopause in my late 40s. I deal with most of the many symptoms I have, and have never taken HRT. I have a history of Breast Cancer in my family, so that was not an option for me. Hot flashes were never a real problem for me. I get them, but usually from being out in the hot sun, drinking hot liquids, etc. I get night sweats once in a while. I usually keep it around 70 degrees in the bedroom. Keep a window open or use a/c.

Best advice I can give you is try and reduce your stress. I know it's easier said then done, but, it will help. Stress can cause anxiety attacks, and panic attacks, among many other things. It's possible you could be experiencing one of these, but my guess would be Menopause. Also, if you don't want to take medications, try taking a Multivitamin, Vitamin B, D, Calcium, and Fish Oil. It really helped me with many of my symptoms! I suffer from Osteoarthritis, Bursitis, and Fibromyalgia, dry eyes, allergies, and several other things. Top all that with Post Menopause! Ha! I don't take ANY prescription drugs! Amen!

I don't know if you smoke or drink alcohol, but they say that can contribute to many unhealthy issues in Menopausal women. Just makes the road tougher to get through, so to speak. So, good luck to you, hope you can find what works for you , and I wish you the best! :)

You may be entering menopause at a younger than average age or perimenopause. This is the natural course of a woman's life although some symptoms can be pretty awful.

Hormone replacement therapy is an option - talk to you doctor about this - not all women are good candidates.

Also, hot flashes can be for other reasons including distress, anxiety as you mentioned, insomnia, or another underlying health condition so it's a good idea to see a doctor to figure out what is going on.

Read more about menopause and your options here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/menopause-center

Menopause Guide