obesity and pregnancy

By November 9, 2010 - 4:12am

i have a 1 year old child and i am pregnant again.my weight is 95 kg now and its just the 2nd month of pregnancy.i m worried as im going 2 put on more weight during this pregnancy also.please guide me about the diet that i should take so that i have a healthy pregnancy with not soooo much weight gain

Are you currently seeing an OB/GYN for your prenatal medical appointments? You can also ask your doctor for a recommendation for a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) who specializes in maternity health.

What has your doctor recommended? It is important to talk with your doctor, as for most women, the recommendation is that pregnancy is not the time to diet or try a new exercise routine. Portion-control, daily physical activity and eating healthy, nutritious foods are your keys to success. If you are not sure what types of foods you should be eating, how much or what type of balance you should be eating, please seek a referral to an R.D. as soon as possible for a healthy pregnancy!

I am a personal trainer who specializes in pre/post natal fitness. As long as you try to be as active a possible and eat healthy you should be OK. Easier said than done I know. Take your 1 year old out for a daily walk in the stroller. Be active in your play time, park further from the store, use the stairs, things like that can really add up. I have many exercise recommendations for you to view at Fitness4Baby.com. I use a online nutritional program as well with my clients and would be happy to help in any way I can. Stay happy, active and positive. Contact me anytime through the website.