Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide

Cary Cook BSN RN

ask: Okay my boyfriend and I have been dating for five months and we are as happy as can be, but his mom hates me. What do I do?

By EmilyMarie

Some times me and him will be in the middle of a date, and she knows this, she will call him and start a conversation griping about me. The other day my boyfriends little brother turned sixteen, so I bought him a present. Just an OSU t-shirt, after I got home from work I got a call from her saying " If I ever try to give anything to anyone else in her family anything ever again she will burn it." Which is what she did to his present!! What do I do?????????????

DaisyN Guide

Hi EmilyMarie,

Doesn't seem it's a good start for a relationship.  You might want to talk to her, if she's willing and ask her why is it that she feels this way about you.  Maybe you and your boyfriend would be able to let her know how you feel about each other and how important it is for you, to have a relationship with her as well.

Best of luck,

Daisy

Are you confident about your smile?: