That old feeling...

My husband and I already have a 2 year old and have been super careful about bringing a second child into the world before we can afford it again. Well, I ram on a the "mini pill" and understood the risks and benefits to this change in oral contraceptive. We pull out 99% of the time just to be extra safe but there was a day where we did not during this pill pack. I'm also aware the norgestrel causes periods to be late, light, and even skip. I have not had any of my usual menstrual symptoms nor have I had any spotting. What is the likelihood that I could have been impregnated on July 31? I try super hard to take my pill at the exact same time every day and even have a special alarm for it at 9am, but I also understand there is human error. Feeling sick to my stomach just like I did with my daughter, extra grumpy, extra tired, but no other symptoms. Too early to call the doctor? Should I run out and get a home pregnancy test? Or am I just over-reacting and need to stay calm?

Still no period and took 2 pregnancy test that came out negative. I'm still not convinced so I'll take another next week. Honestly I don't take my pill at the exact same time every single day, like I said there's that human error that comes into play. Most of the time I do take it around the same time but some days I'm a bit late and I know that is crucial with the mini pill. So we'll see how it goes! I'll post back next week after another test!

Pulling out or not, if you are taking the Pill at the same time (at least close enough) and have not missed a Pill then you would be covered up to 99%, just like always.

Is your period (breakthrough bleeding) late yet? If so, take a pregnancy test. I'm a believe in a newly pregnant woman's gut instinct so you may be pregnant but based on what you have said about birth control, it's be very unlikley for you to be pregnant.

So if you are late and feeling the way you do, go ahead and test so that at least you'll know either way. I don't think calling a doctor is necessary. Let us know how it goes!