Open book pelvic fracture, and resuming sex...

I had a freak accident 3 months ago that resulted in an open book fracture (among other things)... I have hardware at the pubic ramis (?), and toward the back of the pelvic area two 3" screws holding me together there. I am not able to walk just yet, and am healing ok, I guess... doing all the right things to help healing along. My question is : Is there a point at which it is safe to resume love making without further damaging the area? I asked my ortho guy, who said it's a trial kind of a thing... haven't asked my general practitioner yet... It seems to be a question everyone wants to avoid... Any insight from you or anyone else out there with similar situation? thank you - K. R.

Hi All, i also experienced an open book fracture and my friends told me that having sex will slow down recovery.is this true?

Hi Dav

Having sex when you're not ready could hurt you more or slow down healing - talk to your doctor about this. 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry about your fracture. 

You do need to bring this up to your doctor and really push for an answer. Doctors shouldn't find this an awkward question but they do, for some reason. 

Only your health care specialists (and you, knowing your own body and comfort level) can really answer that level but I would suggest to hold off if you are in pain - pain is a message that we are injured or still healing. 

You can take a look at this video below:

Will you bring this up again to your doctors? Don't be afraid to push for an answer! 

Pelvic Fracture