Q: 

Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo

I tried skipping my period this month and instead of taking the sugar pills, i skipped and took the first week of a new pack (white active pills). This did not skip my period and instead it has gone on longer than normal while i am currently taking the first week of active pills. SHould i continue to take this pack and start week two of active pills tonight like scheduled or should i open a new pack in order to get back on track? Please help. I am unsure what to do.

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to our community for advice.

This is unusual. Continuing to take the active pills should not have triggered withdrawal bleeding.

How long have you been taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo? One reported side effect is Irregular or unusual vaginal bleeding and spotting between your menstrual periods, especially during the first 3 months of taking it.

Please contact your gynecologist's office today. I do not have the knowledge and experience of a gynecologist to properly advise you.

Regards,