Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide

ask: ovarian cyst and bleeding?

By londona

I posted 2 weeks go about bleeding for 3 weeks straight very heavy, u said I should see a doc ASAP so I went the ER and they told me about a cyst on my left overy. They gave me pills to stop the bleeding, 10 days worth and I have already taken all of them and never stopped bleeding. They said to see a gyno, which I do not have so I called planned parenthood and they said it was pointless to go there bc I should see a specialist. I'm just confused if a cyst should really make me bleed this much or what? The clinic I called has a waiting list of 300 people so I couldn't get in there. The bleeding is even heavier than it was before now that those pills are gone...I just don't know what to do. Sorry I typed this whole thing on my phone so its a little all over the place. What do u think I can do will the bleeding ever stop!

londona

I was never told what kind of cyst it was. I know they took blood for bloodwork. but other than they told me nothing. like I said I paid $3000 for her to literally say u have a cyst on ur left overy follow up with a gyno. and I left. Kinda annoying to me. I have no insurance to pay the bill so I'm just out the money. And the primrose oil really seems to be working the bleeding has practically stopped after 48 hours. I'm just gonna keep taking it and hope it gets better.

Alison Beaver (reply to londona)

If you are unable to follow up with a GYN as recommended, it is important to at least get a copy of your lab tests.

I'm happy to hear that your symptoms have subsided, but please know it is important to be seen by a doctor who can provide medical evaluations on an ongoing basis, to monitor your cyst(s).

Are you able to obtain some form of health insurance in the future?

londona

I definitely would go to the er but quite honestly the last time I went I got nothing but them telling me I have a cyst and a bill for $3000 so I will not go back to the er. I started taking evening primrose oil last night and as far as I can tell the bleeding has calmed down. Don't know if its coincidence or if its working. But I will continue and keep ya posted on that.
Thanks for the concern and any information is definitely appreciated and needed!

Alison Beaver (reply to londona)

Can you tell us what type of cyst the E.R. doctors said you have? We can provide more information, once we know what type of cyst(s) you are diagnosed with.

What type of tests were conducted, and do you have the results?

Are you saying that you can not find one gynecologist in your area that is able to see new patients?

I have to agree with Susan. Go to the ER if no one else will see you, they cannot turn you away.

My younger sister also suffers from cysts that dissolve on their own and her cycle is controlled with birth control pills-- during a time when she bled for about a month straight, she was also on iron supplements.

3 weeks of heavy bleeding definitely warrants another ER visit and like Susan said, it can be something mild but since you have been bleeding for so long I wouldn't wait on this.

PLEASE keep us updated?

Hi Londona

Thanks so much for your update. The best thing we can tell you is to present yourself to the ER once more. A 300 person waiting list is ridiculous when someone has an obvious problem.

Are you in pain? Your cyst may rupture or you may have a serious infection.

Can you find another clinic today? Or call your doctor? Even on the weekend, they have someone on call.

We have had other members with issues like this; it turns out that some have had a mild case of some gynecological condition and for others, they have had a serious problem. Please don't wait on this, please find help today. So call your doctor's office, call more clinics or get to the ER. Either way, please don't wait. I don't want to worry you but if blood was pumping from your head or your belly or your arms, then you would be sent straight to the ER. It's no different when it's coming from your reproductive organs.

Please update us as soon as possible, londona.
~Susan