OvArian cyst on my liver. But I had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago. How is this possible?

Thanks for your post! I think you might have me stumped too!

Since you had a full hysterectomy, you don't have ovaries so you can't have an ovarian cyst UNLESS you have had it a long time and it somehow attached itself to your liver and was not removed during the hysterectomy.

Ask your doctor if this is what happened. Cysts can attack to other organs, including the liver and the bladder. The liver is very delicate and your previous surgeon may not have been able to detach an ovarian cyst but I can't imagine you wouldn't be told this immediately after surgery.

Keep us posted, will you?

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide