Ovarian Cysts

By March 14, 2012 - 11:14am

After years of severe abdominal pain I finally found a doctor that would take me seriously. (this has been going on since I was 15 and I would experience severe pain with nausea and vomiting) He recommended a CT Scan to check everything out. It showed that my ovaries appeared cystic bilaterally. I was told to just do nothing and wait, which wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear since it was causing me so much pain.

I tried finding natural ways to treat it, its been working. (The pain isn't as severe) But now it is very different. My periods last a lot longer, about 9 days. And the pain is just moderate but it also lasts longer, where before it would just be for a day. Its mostly on one side and radiates up to my lower back. I don't know if this is related but I have also been experiencing some constipation and whenever I eat I feel full after just a few bites

Does anyone know of any solutions or treatments or if it is something other than cysts? I was thinking birth control, but I'm not sure if I want to go on hormones.
I know that some people sometimes get a laparoscopic surgery to check things out and also remove anything that may be causing problems. surgery is usually the last thing I would think about, but would that be an option?

I am of the opinion that hormonal medication (birth control pill) is only a temporary solution, its not a cure for ovarian cysts.
Natural Treatments are more of a permanent solution, as they treat the root cause and help in eliminating the cyst for good. www.effectivenaturalcureforovariancysts.com

Hi trinity17

EmpowHER's Ovarian Cysts treatment information includes:

Treatment depends on:

• Age
  • Menstrual status
  • Size and type of cyst
  • Symptoms

The main types of treatment are:

Wait and See

The doctor waits a few months to see if the cyst goes away on its own.

Birth Control Pills

If you have a functional cyst, your doctor may prescribe birth control pills . The pills may prevent other cysts from developing during the "wait and see" period. If you get cysts often, birth control pills decrease the chance of new ones forming.

Pain Medication

If your cyst is causing a lot of discomfort, your doctor may prescribe pain medication.

Laparoscopic Surgery

Pelvic laparoscopy may be recommended to remove a cyst if it:

• Grows larger or reaches a size greater than two inches
  • Has some solid material in it, or other features
  • Causes persistent or worsening symptoms
  • Lasts longer than two or three menstrual cycles
  • Disrupts blood flow

If the cyst is not cancerous, often just the cyst can be removed. However, in some cases, your whole ovary may need to be removed. If the cyst is cancerous, you may have both ovaries and uterus removed. This requires an open surgical procedure .

Trinity, if it is not cysts, you will need a diagnosis before you can look into treatment options.

I hope this has helped you and good luck - I know this is very difficult for you.

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide