Q: 

Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

Hi Maryann,
I had unprotected sex on July 3 and used postinor 2 some hours after (I took both tablet at one dosage), and am expected to see my period on the 9th of July but haven't seen it and I took a pregnancy test best but it's was negative. Please, my question is what I do and enlighten me better on what to do.
Thank you

Anonymous

My friend had unprotected sex first night of july during her safe period and took both dosage of postinor 2 on the 3rd of july and still haven't seen any bleeding yet. Is she safe ?

Anonymous

hi ,

As I have read .
postinor should not be taken twice in a month cause it will cause disrupt in the menstrual cycle.

but ,

I've got a question if per say example, if one have unprotected intercourse on Saturday , and has taken postinor immediately after the intercourse, following day (sunday)morning as instructions -take the 2nd pill ,

but on Monday night accidentally had another unprotected intercourse.

so should one have to take another postinor pill again???or no need ??

and how long will the postinor med will be in the human system?

kindly assist ,
Thanks.

Anonymous

Hi, I'd like to know if I can take p2 4 days after sex. Will it still be effective

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. Postinor 2 is effective if taken within 72 hours or three days of unprotected intercourse.

Anonymous

Hi ..I just wnt to know I use the prostinor last may first wks after my blood come out the 2nd wks.then after 3rd wks I use prostinor again may ok I have menstruation.bcoz I only twice a mnth I meet my bf.then june first wk I use prostinor again then my bf use condom this june only 1 day have sex to my bf ...I use prostenor first wk of june but 24 of june my period come but just only 2 days after 3 n 4 days spotting is it the side effect of prostinor .I test pregnncy test 6 times but negative..

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You over used Postinor and that is why you are seeing this change in your menstrual cycle and period.

At this point, you need to be seen by a gynecologist. Quite simply, you messed up your hormones.

Anonymous

Hi Maryann, i had unprotected with my fiance on 25th June which was her peak of ovulation, then she took postinor2 on 27th june morning. Hope we are safe.

is she pregnant already?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If she does not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, she needs to test. Only way to know.

Tags: