Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

m and m

i had sex with my bf 12.00 after 41/2hrs(4.30pm) i took p2 1st tablet. and for the 2nd tablet i got 4 hrs late(7.30). am i safe? pls help me

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to m and m)

Hello m and m,

The instructions on how to take Postinor 2 are: take the first tablet as soon as possible but must be within 72 hours following unprotected sex. Take the second tablet take the second tablet exactly 12 hours after taking the first.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. So, if this happened before ovulation, and you had taken the second dose 12 hours not 4 hours later, you had a very good chance that the pill worked.

m and m, you will know it worked once you have vaginal bleeding or your next period. If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, please test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Doc, I had unprotected on the 22nd of March after my period ended on the 13th. I took one tablet of postinor2 and the other tablet 12 hours later. Had unprotected sex the next day and took another 2 tablets all at once without waiting for the 12hours interval. My period is due today 3rd of April but I'm not seeing it or feeling it will come, just breast tenderness and a slight cramp. Am I at risk of pregnancy? I'm really worried

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You should not have taken Postinor 2 for a second time just a day after the first dose. Please contact your gynecologist or primary care physician about this, today.

Breast tenderness and a slight cramp are most likely the result of taking the pills. Taking it twice and so close will upset your menstrual cycle. That would explain why your period is delayed.

Regards,

Anonymous

Had sex today, though we used condom bt the condom tore, am nt sure if he released or not so I took postinor 2, anoda brand though, took the two tablets at once, please am I safe.or was it wrong to do that?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Some forms of emergency birth control have different instructions. Read yours and if you did not follow them properly, call your doctor or pharmacist for further instructions.

Anonymous

Hi
I have taken postinor2 like 5 times in 2 weeks and I haven't seen my period, and I have pregnancy test and It's shows that I'm negative, but then my tummy hurts me so badly please what can I do???

Call your physician immediately. Follow any instructions. Get to your local urgent care center or emergency room unless told otherwise.

You have seriously overdosed on Postinor 2 and need medical attention.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hey
But can I be pregnant????
That's all that really matters right now, I have done pregnancy test twice and it shows negative I took the home test tho! but then I haven't seen my period or the pre bleeding after three days of consumption of the drugs, now I am having rashes on my face. What should I do?? Please assist me

Anon

I also spoke about this on another post you wrote.

You need to see a doctor immediately - don't try to seek advice over the Internet, our advice is to seek medical attention.