Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Awa

Hi.i took two tablets of postinor in November 2015 after unprotected sex.since then,my period now takes longer to come and only flows for two days at most.my period has extended from 26days cycle to 29days and only flows well on the first day and a little on the second day.am so scared that it may affect my fertility.please I need urgent advice

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Awa)

Hi Awa!

Your dose of P2 was three months ago and would not be affecting your cycle now. Your period may have changed on it's own, for many reasons, including changes in body chemistry. Our periods change throughout our fertile lives.

A normal period is 3-7 days and this should not affect your fertility. Emergency birth control will not affect your fertility.

If your changes are pretty drastic compared to how your cycle used to be, by all means talk to your doctor.

Anonymous

Hi empowher team , so recently i had a mishap during sexual intercourse and i took P2 the next day (30/01/2016) , i had taken them in the past (during emergency) and would bleed after 7days of consuming the pills but this time i wouldnt bleed even after 7days .. Any advice or comments on why this would happen?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It could be that your body reacted differently this time - your own body chemistry could have caused this.

Alternatively, there is a small possibility that you are pregnant - you can take a test 14-21 after sex as it would be accurate by then.

So does that mean that we should not use the same brand all the time (during emergency) ?

Your situations don't seem to be actual emergencies. An emergency is something that should have once or twice in life. Otherwise you're just using it as birth control.

Use condoms instead, you can carry them in a wallet, a purse or a back pocket.

Anonymous

I just had sex with my bf. He gives me p2 tablets and ask me to get one in todays night and other one after 12 hours. Actually this is my first time trying such a thing. I am really afraid to have side effects. Do i take them? Is that really ok for my body? What can be the long term side effects? Please let me know the details.

Anonymous

Hiiiii...we had sex on jan 10th, n i gav p2 single tablet to my gf...n aftr abt 5-7days she got bleeding lyk periods... And t went off aftr abt 4days.. And again on 28th she started bleeding...n still for about 5days she is bleeding...heavy n slightly...n today on 5th there was a light ponk dischared in liquid form it seems... Plz advise on this...wata wrog with her...she is havin headace,vomoting,bleedig,abdominal pain,etc

Your girlfriend needs to see a doctor for these symptoms - we cannot say what may be wrong.

Anonymous

I took p2, 2hours after sex and after two weeks i tested postive, is that normal and will the baby be normal?

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: