ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

hi Susan,
i had sex with my girlfriend about 5am and she took the first tab of postinor2 about 10pm. After that we changed our mind about not getting pregnant and decided not to take the second tab. Please are there any side effects for taking the first one? can it have any negative effect on the pregnancy if she is pregnant?
pls help out cos we are now worried sick...
thanks

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Her chance of pregnancy is still there since she didn't take the second pill but her chance is a lot lower.

Just keep trying for pregnancy and let this go. She may not even have been fertile at that time in the first place.

Anonymous

Hello. Pls I had sex with my boyfriend at about 7pm, I took postinor 10.10 am the next day and then after 12 hours I took d second one. Since I've been having watery, white,yellowish discharge, but it's not smelling, I also hv tightness or pain in th throat.could this b d side effects or is it possible to b pregnant like 1 week after d sex and taking postinor. Thanks.

Postinor 2 is 90-95% effective when taken correctly. This discharge could be a side effect. You can test for pregnancy in about 10 days.

Anonymous

hi, i had sex with my girlfriend without protection, like 48 hours ago and now @3.00am she woked up to tell me that she has been having signs since yesterday in her belly and she is scared that she might have taken in. WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE?

Hey dude, sign and symptoms of pregnancy don't occur within days. The process that take place for pregnancy to occur after intercourse is the sperm searching for ovum and that could take up to 3 to 5 days. After that, it took 7 to 10 days for implantation to occur. So the most quick pregnancy could occur need at least a week or so, which you probably will not be that lucky.

Anonymous

Madam pls u dint answer me.thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous
Hello miss susan, I had an unprotected sex with my gf at 2:30am on 21st Aug. She took the first dose of Postinor 2 at 10:30am. She's worried if she will get pregnant. Pls we need your adivce.

If she takes the medication within 24 hours of sex then her risk is very low because the meds are 90-95% effective. Please look up the side effects so that she knows what to expect.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: