ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Busola Raphael

i had two periods for the month of February
6th and 21st due to taking postinor 2 the second period was heavier ..I had
sex 19th of March and took postinor 2 the
next day,I took the second dose 6-7hours after
taking the first one.I'm worried because I still
haven't gotten my march period and today
is 28th

Busola Raphael

6th and 21st due to taking postinor 2..I had
sex 19th of march and took postinor 2 the
next day,I took the second dose 6hours after
is 28th

Anonymous

Hi I took prostinor 2 a week ago but I had unprotected sex again do i take a next one or cross my fingers and hope for the best ?

Anonymous

Anonymous

i had unprotected sex on wednesday 25th march and thursday morning which is 26th march.i took postinor 2 that morning i took the two at once but havnt still seen any sign uptil now could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi I experienced bleeding after taking postinor 2... It happened after 7 days of taking the pills and lasted for about 6 days... I should calculate my next period based on my period last month (+5 days) or "bleeding" (+5 days)?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question. Generally, your next menstrual period should start on time. But, some women experience the side effect of changes in their menstrual cycle. The next period could start earlier or later than normally expected, but not by more than five days.

I would calculate the start date of your next period based on the last day of withdrawal bleeding from Postinor 2.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi!!! Am Jennifer. I had sex with my BF on the 16TH this month, I took postinor on the 17TH, I started bleeding on 21st up till date 25TH,
and my period should be tomorrow 26TH should I expect it tomorrow or it would change? for how long the bleeding wud stop, Am scared help me.

Hi Jennifer,

You can relax. The bleeding which started on March 21 means Postinor 2 was effective in preventing pregnancy.

Because you stopped bleeding on March 25, your period will not start on March 26 as expected.

It will take another menstrual cycle for your body to return to normal. I would count March 25 as the last day of "your period" and depending on the length of your normal menstrual cycle, calculate when your next period is due.

Regards,

Anonymous

please i have a complain....i had an unprotected sex and took postinior 2 immediately and four days later, i had anoda unprotected sex and took the same postinior 2 again. i'm kind of worried now and dont know if 'm safe or not cos its neva happened to me b4. pls i need your advice. thanks

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: