Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

Hi I had sex then the condom tore I took 1 tablet of postinor 2 then took the second tablet the next morning which is 12 hours later and had unprotected sex again d same day after the second tablet could I get pregnant

Anonymous

hello Doc pls am pregnant unaware, my mum and dad will kill me what do i do, also i have to go to skool, i have so many things to pls help. my pregnancy is less than a month or not more than 2 month help me or i will take my life . can i apply postinor2

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am glad you reached out to our community. Please do not consider taking your life. There are options to terminate a pregnancy.

How old are you? Depending on your age and where you live, if you choose to have an abortion, your parents will need to know. I urge you to be honest with them. Don't write off their response before talking to them.

Schedule an appointment with a gynecologist or visit a women's health clinic, such as Planned Parenthood.

It is too late to take Postinor 2 which is an emergency contraceptive that prevents pregnancy and does not end a pregnancy.

We are here if you need us,

m and m

i had sex with my bf 12.00 after 41/2hrs(4.30pm) i took p2 1st tablet. and for the 2nd tablet i got 4 hrs late(7.30). am i safe? pls help me

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to m and m)

Hello m and m,

The instructions on how to take Postinor 2 are: take the first tablet as soon as possible but must be within 72 hours following unprotected sex. Take the second tablet take the second tablet exactly 12 hours after taking the first.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. So, if this happened before ovulation, and you had taken the second dose 12 hours not 4 hours later, you had a very good chance that the pill worked.

m and m, you will know it worked once you have vaginal bleeding or your next period. If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, please test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi Doc, I had unprotected on the 22nd of March after my period ended on the 13th. I took one tablet of postinor2 and the other tablet 12 hours later. Had unprotected sex the next day and took another 2 tablets all at once without waiting for the 12hours interval. My period is due today 3rd of April but I'm not seeing it or feeling it will come, just breast tenderness and a slight cramp. Am I at risk of pregnancy? I'm really worried

You should not have taken Postinor 2 for a second time just a day after the first dose. Please contact your gynecologist or primary care physician about this, today.

Breast tenderness and a slight cramp are most likely the result of taking the pills. Taking it twice and so close will upset your menstrual cycle. That would explain why your period is delayed.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

pls what abut if u are already pregnant and u want to abort it, can i apply postinor2

Anonymous

Had sex today, though we used condom bt the condom tore, am nt sure if he released or not so I took postinor 2, anoda brand though, took the two tablets at once, please am I safe.or was it wrong to do that?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Some forms of emergency birth control have different instructions. Read yours and if you did not follow them properly, call your doctor or pharmacist for further instructions.