ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

hi can I ask also...I have contact with my bf it was April 3,11,15 every contact taken the p2 it is harmfull?it is advisable to take postenor 2 every contact? now I got an bleed but slight.
we can say also the spot happened is a period?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No, it's not ok at all to take Postinor everytime you have sex. You need to be on the birth control pill or use condoms. Postinor is a large amount of hormones that you can't take every week or every day, it's for emergencies only. 

You will be bleeding all the time if you continue this.  Read more on this site about how to use birth control properly.

Hello!
I want to ask a question about Postinor 2. I had sex on 16th of May at 2 PM. I took the first pill at 3:30 PM. I was suppose to take the second tablet 12 hours later so at 3:30 AM,i forgot to take it and i just remembered this morning at 7 AM. I immediately took it before 7:30 AM . At 7:30 AM it was going to be 16 hours after. Am i pregnant? Please help me because i am afraid.
Thank you very much for your answers.

Nobody can tell you if you are pregnant. Since you didn't take the pills as directed, nobody can tell you anything for sure but I doubt a 4 hour time difference will really matter.  When taken within 24 hours, P@ is 90-90% effective.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on the third of May.unfortunately wasn't able to take postinor2 though am expecting my next period on the 11th May.havnt seen it yet but am having occational pains.could I have taadvise,please advise, what do I do?

Anonymous

Hi I took 1st tablet of postinor 2 after unprotected sex. before i take the 2nd tablet (which is before 12 hours for 2nd tablet) i had unprotected sex again and after that i took the 2nd tablet. Do i need to retake another pack of postinor 2 tablets?

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on May 4th. I took postinor2 on the 8th.what are my chances though am expecting my nxt menstrual cycle by 12th

Since you took it four days after, your chances are about 50/50 that it'll work, IF you were to get pregnant. 

Anonymous

I have a Unprotected sex on 1st may 2015 at 2am.. I took 2 tablets postinor2 on 2nd May 2015 in the morning... After 12 hours I took another 2 tablets postinor2 again... My period actual date is on 30th April, but it's still delay until today, izzit any side effect of that?

This is likely a side effect from EC - your cycle should normalize in the next few weeks.  

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: