Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

I finish my period on 16th of November and I have sex ending of November and i take p2 immediately so now am seeing my
Period on 5th of December. Hope no problem

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective for women under 176 pounds (it is less effective for women over 165 pounds and ineffective for women over 176 pounds) when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so your risk is very small. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding. Not all women get symptoms.

Some get many, or a few, or none. If you don’t get your next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low.

Anonymous

I took the first tablet of p2 before i had unprotected sex then took the second tablet after. Will this be less effective? should i take another tablet again? Help!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Do not take another dose.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation.

How soon before intercourse did you take the first dose?

Please speak with a pharmacist, because I really don't know.

Regards,

Hi Doc,
My wife has been using p2 for a while now.
He menstrual cycle is not regular.
We visited a gynecologist since we wanted to have a baby and was advised to stop using them.
She had however had 3 miscarriages since then (all less than 4 weeks) and this comes with a lot of pain and heavy bleeding for days. Even after the bleeding stops, she still complains of abdominal pain whenever she does some chores.
Could there be a problem?
Could this be the effect of p2?
Will we ever have a child?
Please help

Guide (reply to techdsmart)

Hello techdsmart,

You and your wife need to have a consultation appointment with her gynecologist, who can explain the situation and answer all of your questions.

Since she was told to stop taking Postinor 2, and because she overused it, it is possible that is the cause of her problems.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex with my partner on 31st of October and 1st of November I took P2 that night(31st oct) and the following morning (1st nov) and I also had unprotected sex with my partner again on the 5th of November and I took posting that night again and now my period is suppose to be out on the 20th of November but it's not out yet my breast is tender, I feel cramps but I check yet nothing
What cld be the problem doctor......pls help me

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your period is late because of taking Postinor 2. One reported side effect is changes in the menstrual cycle. For some women, their next period starts earlier or later than expected. Flow might be lighter or heavier than normal.

Anonymous, you should not have taken another dose on November 5.

If you do not get your period this month, please speak with your gynecologist. Not because of pregnancy, but because of a possible hormonal imbalance.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took 2 dose of postinor2 at once while in my menstruation and its a week now am still seeing little blood

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You are still bleeding because you took Postinor 2 when you should not have. There was no need to take the pills during your period. The hormone in Postinor 2 triggers bleeding.

Regards,