ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

I had sex with my boyfriend on the night of Friday the 119th. Without condom. He didn't release in side me..but I got scared so I had to take the postinor on the 20th morning.Meant to get my period on the Thursday the 2nd...bt I noticed some brown stain from Monday the 29th till Thursday the second. Don't know if I'm pregnant .

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

We don't know if you are pregnant either. You can test for pregnancy 10-14 days after sex.

Anonymous

hello i took both of the pills at the same time. Is that bad ?

ayesley

hi Ms Susan,

i took the first pill ( POSTINOR 2) yesterday before having unprotected sex with my boyfriend at around 1:30pm then i took the second pill at about 5pm... i know that i am fertile. now my question is ,is there any chance i could get pregnant? im worried... thanks

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to ayesley)

Hi ayesely

Yes, there is a risk - about a 5-10% risk.

You don't take P2 before sex as a precaution. You use proper birth control like a condom or you need to go on the birth control pill. P2 is for emergencies, not pre-planned sex.

Anonymous

my period started on the 8th of may and ended on 13th and on the 15 i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside of me and i took postinor 2 2 hours later and took the second dosage 12 hours later. and today is 20 june my period was suppose to start on the 8th of this june and i have done urinal test 3 times and 2 blood tests and all says negative and i sometimes have this discomfort inside of my stomach and scared i dont know what to do i dont want to be pregnant

pls i need an answer pls or has anyone experienced this before?

Anonymous

Hello, I had sex with my boyfriend on 10th June, took Postinor 2 an hour later at 3pm. However, I took the second pill at around 6AM the next day. Im currently experiencing discomfort on my abdomin area & my breasts hurt/tender too and a few threads said i'm supposed to get my period a week after i eat the pill. Its been 6 days, i hve yet gotten my period. Its this normal?

The discomfort is likely due to the P2. Not all women bleed and not all women bleed within a week. Bleeding is a not a sign that P2 worked.

You can test for pregnancy about 14 days after sex or if you miss your expected period but you risk is low - only 5-10%.

Anonymous

Hi I took p2 pills. My period supposed to come 17 th June. But my period come 12th June it's common? And my eggs pain Coz of p2? Plz reply me

Yes Anon, that's common as is some abdominal discomfort, you'll be fine in a few days.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: