Pregnancy Guide

DaisyN Guide

ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Adebanjo Aminat

Pls if someone did nt bleed or have any side effect after taking p2 does that means it work or not pls ans.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Adebanjo Aminat)

Hello Adebanjo Aminat,

Thank you for your question. The only way to know if Postinor 2 was effective is to wait for your period to start. If you do not get a period or have vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

After unprotected sex, i took Postinor 2 within the first 24hours. I have been experiencing the side effects of the drug. I would like to know whether the side effects are an indication that it worked and if the bleeding rules out the possibility of pregnancy....kindly assist

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Most women get these side effects. The general concensus is that yes, these are signs of it working successfully but we cannot say if they are an absolute sign that it stopped a pregnancy from forming.  The good news is that emergency pills like these will stop up to 9 out of every 10 pregnancies that would have occured if you didn't take it at all. 

I hope this helps! 

Anonymous

I had protected sex but the condom broke and he ejaculated at about 1.30pm. Immediately I went to a pharmacist who prescribed Postinor-2 tablets. I took the first tablet at 2.30pm and the second one at 2.30am. However, since then i have been having a bloated stomach , spotting (brownish - reddish) and feeling mild lower abdominal pain. Is this normal? And should I worry about it?

Good for you for using condoms but sometimes they do break. 

What you are experiencing is a side effect of emergency birth control and there is little risk of pregnancy athough nothing is 100%. Your next period could be late (another side effect) but if you don't get your next period in a month, take a test just to rule pregnancy out. 

Anonymous

Hi Susan, tanks for ur responses,u were rite about the signs I was getting being mmy period. It flagged off two nites ago. How soon can I have an IUD put in place as I don't knw if dis is just withdrawal bleedg. Tanks

I'm glad you got your period! 

Call your doctor straight away to find out when it can be inserted - it may be as soon as your period ending. 

Anonymous

If someone after an unprotected sex takes the first Postinor - 2 Tablet at about 2.30pm daytime and the second tablet at 2.30am (night), will it be effective considering the reduced rate of metabolism at night?

Your metabolism will not affect the Pill. If taking it as requested on the packaging, then it should work as stated. 

Best.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: