ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

hi susan..
i take the first p2 tablet an hour after sex but i take the second p2 tablet late 5 minutes from the time that i suppose to take. and according to my calendar, that day is my fertile day. will i be pregnant?

Bunsen burner

I had sex a week after ending my period and I took postinor 2 4 days later,is there a risk of pregnancy since my menstrual cycle is 28 days

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Bunsen burner)

Hi Bunsen burner

There is some risk, yes, as P2 is most effective (up to 95%) when taken within 24 hours. After four days it goes down to about 60-70% or so.

Hey susan.
I having sex wit my bf on mon 7pm.
Then i take first tablet p2 on wed 8pm.
I read on the med info. It said take this p2 within 72 hour after having sex.
I calculte time it still on 72 hour.
Its chance to me get pregnant or no?
Pls susan helps me.
I really worry right now

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to take your second pill as directed.

Your do have some risk, since P2 is most effective when taken within 24 hours but your risk is still quite low.

Dear Suzan,
My name is Faith, I took both dosage of postinor 2 some hours after having sex with my boyfriend and then we had sex again the next day, but I did not take another now my period is a week late, I keep having pains like I want to see my period and I keep having the usual discharge that comes before the period, still the period is not forth coming. I did a strip test and it showed negative but I still have not seen my period. Is it possible I might be pregnant or is it just side effects of postinor 2?

Hi Suzan
I took P2 few hours after having sex with my bf, i took both tablets at a time, we had sex again the following day but I did not take another, now I feel my period wants to come out for days now, I've been having discarges but the period is still not coming. Please Suzan, is there any chance I might be pregnant?

Hi Anon - are you also "Faith"?

I'm sorry I did not reply, there are so many posts here, many of them are duplicates so it gets confusing. You should have taken P2 again after you had sex again (you ideally should be using condoms, P2 is for emergencies, not for planned sex) so there is some risk although your risk is still quite low.

You can test for pregnancy about 21 days after you have sex - a test will be accurate by then. Your period may be delayed due to taking P2, if you are late that does not automatically mean you are pregnant but we cannot tell you one way or the other (for sure) as nobody can tell you that. All I can say is that your risk is low.

Suzan you have not replied me yet, I know you might be busy but i need your reply really fast cos I'm really scared right now, pls reply me here, in my email, anywhere i can see it. pls

Hi Suzan, you can reply to my email so that i can know which reply is really mine. thanks

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: