Q: 

Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

What if a female is on pearl contraceptive pills for only two days had unprotected sex, will postinor 2 work if she takes it?

Anonymous

My girlfriend took the two pills of Postinor 2 immediately after sex. Please will there be any effect. Kindly clarify!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

All pills work best when taken as directed. Postinor 2 tablet one is taken as soon as possible and tablet two is taken 12 hours later.

I think taking both together should be okay but ask a pharmacist or her gynecologist to be sure.

Anonymous

If I didn't complete the dosage of Postinor 2. Will I still be pregnant? Cos I took one Postinor2 after an unprotected sex and I didn't take the other one, till 2 days I had unprotected sex and took the other one immediately. I'm I safe?

Anonymous

I only took one tablet after having unprotected sex
it's a week now having severe headache for 3 consecutive days and a clear discharge from the vagina
is this normal

Hello Anon

What is normal for one person is not normal for another. Read the paperwork that came with the medication or you can look up the manufacturer's website. If you are concerned about pregnancy, a test can be taken 14-21 days after sex.

Anonymous

i had an unprotected sex on 28 of july around 2pm and he poured his sperm inside of me, i didnt take any contraceptive until the next day which was 29th after taken it i had another sex but he didnt pour inside of me and on 2 august i had another unprotected sex he poured inside around 12pm i took postinor by 6 and 3 august had an unprotected sex he poured inside of me again n i took andrew liver salt. what are my chances?..doc

Hello Anon

Your system is overloaded with hormones due to you overdosing on emergency contraceptives. Your risk is low but if you are trying to avoid pregnancy, why do you keep having unprotected sex?
Start using condoms. Read the paperwork that comes with the EC so you know more.

Anonymous

I had sex on the 19th of this month and used postinor2 on the 20th the next day. Am suppose to see my period on the 23rd of the same month. But since then have been purging and seeing blood. It been a year I used postinor2 until the 19th. What could it be please. So scared

Hello Anon
You may have had a bad reaction to the medication.

Tags: