ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

So we had sex and I got her to take the pill the next day about 12 or 1pm. I wasn't with her but she was supposed to take it 12hrs later. What if she misses that 12 hr window and takes it after? Will the pill not work? What if she only takes one pill and forgets to take the other completely? Will she get pregnant? The drug in question is Prostinor 2.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

A drug is most effective when taken as directed. Have you asked her if she took the second dose?

The only way to know if Postinor 2 was effective is if she has vaginal bleeding. If she doesn't have bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, she should take a pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

Please ma'am, i need your advice on this coz am kind of
confuse. I took postinor 2 a day after i had unprotected
sex. Two days later and up till now, am experiencing stomach
pains and pains in my vagina while urinating. Please
i need your advice, what do you think could be the problem.

So glad that you came to us for help. You must call your primary care physician right away. Stomach pain and pain with urination are not side effects of Postinor 2. Something else is going on.

Regards,

Debby95 (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I called a family gynaecologist and told him what happened
and he said that the pains will stop but never told
me if they are signs of pregnancy. Please ma'am, do you
think am pregnant and the stomach pains had stopped
gradually, but that of urinating is still there but not
painful than earlier when it started. please reply

Anonymous

I do use postinor b4 , dat day I cnt get d postinor nd d chemist nw said I shld use rogotinor buh after usin dat rogotinor I started havin varginal bleedin 4 almost a wk. I nw went 2 a doctor nd he gave me vanprazol, fortunately 4 me d blood stop. So I wnt to ask dat cn I continue using postinor plsssss.

Thank you for your question. You must talk with your physician. Why would you continue taking Postinor? It is an emergency contraceptive and should not be taken as birth control. It is intended for emergency use only and should not be taken more than once in a month.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took postinor 2 two weeks ago and i took the tablet once.... After that i had unprotected sex again and took postinor 1 the next morning... After two days i had vaginal bleeding... I'v got a feeling that i might be pregnant because i have been urinating bit by bit and i have been eating more than usual.... I dnt want to be pregnant.......

das it mean dat if u dnt vaginal bleeding afta taking postino2,u wil get pregnant

You are not pregnant because you had vaginal bleeding two days after taking Postinor 2. Vaginal bleeding indicates the pill worked.

Never take more than one dose of the emergency contraceptive in a one month period.

Regards,

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: