ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

good day i have sex with my girlfriend and she afraid of pregnancy. then in the nest morning i gave her postinor . she take one 10 AM and the second one 10:1 is she still going to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hi, how do you know the fake postinor 2 from the original one?

Anonymous

Hi, good day my gf and i had sex recently she's on birth control but missed two pills i ejaculated into her and i am now worried that she might be pregnant is there advice or help you can give me

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question.

Did you girlfriend take the missed birth control pills as soon as she realized that she forgot to take them? Were these the first two pills in a new pack or the last two pills of the pack?

General rule of thumb is never have seven consecutive days without the active pills. The active pills contain synthetic hormones to prevent ovulation and cause changes in the uterine lining to prevent pregnancy.

If your girlfriend's period is late by a least seven days, then she should test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I gave her protsinor 2 as a precaution, should i Still worry and its in the middle of her pack which i can assume is bad right?

No, missing two pills in the middle of the pack is not as bad as missing at the beginning or end. If she took Postinor 2 within 72 hours of sex, she will be protected against pregnancy. But, she may have changes to her menstrual cycle as a side effect. Some women start their next period earlier or later than normal. Menstrual flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

Regards,

So, as in 7 days her period doesn't come should i still test for pregnancy. Sorry i am a worryholic

Anonymous

Hi, I took postinor 2 last week, they I took postinor 1 yesterday, now I feeling bloated and my breast are really tender, I have been having head ache. I'm I going to be fine?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I'm sure you will be just fine, your symptoms may be due to using emergency contraception as a method of birth control rather than a true emergency. 

You also may be PMS'ing meaning your period will be along in a week or so.

Anonymous

Hi, I took Postinor 2, 8 hours after having unprotected sex with my boyfriend, is there any chance of pregnancy as I'm not ready to have a baby for now?

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: