ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

I took postinor 2 two weeks ago and i took the tablet once.... After that i had unprotected sex again and took postinor 1 the next morning... After two days i had vaginal bleeding... I'v got a feeling that i might be pregnant because i have been urinating bit by bit and i have been eating more than usual.... I dnt want to be pregnant.......

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You are not pregnant because you had vaginal bleeding two days after taking Postinor 2. Vaginal bleeding indicates the pill worked.

Never take more than one dose of the emergency contraceptive in a one month period.

Regards,

Anonymous

A very wonderful site has made a lot of difference in my life thanks marya ann.

Anonymous

Dear doctor, pls I was on my ovulation period wen I played wit my partner, we didn't really ve sex bt his penis was on my vagina. He tried penetrating bt due to d fact dat my vagina was very tight he couldn't penetrate so he decided to leave it there. He kept tryin till he ejaculated. I took postinor 2 within 24 hrs bt its a newmonth and my period hasn't stil arrived, I've been havin sharp pains in my vagina and my nipple dat usually comes wen I wnt 2 see my period, am confused! Could it be dat am pregnant? Doctor pls I nid ur help

Thank you for your question. If you do not start your period within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, take a home pregnancy test. That will tell you if you are pregnant or not.

Regards,

Anonymous

hi, my girlfriend and i had unprotected sex during her safe period but then she also took postinor-2 just in case, she had her period 4 days after, but for two close to two months now she hasn't seen her period, could this be as a result of the drug?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Yes, this could be a result of the emergency contraception but I also think a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

I gave my girlfriend a dosage of postinor last month buh doh she did not bleed she did see her period..she took anoda dose last week after we had sex unprotected an jes dis mornin she started bleeding..i was woried becux i never new virginal bleedin is associated wit postinor..tanks for d awareness..anyway i want to know if d bleedin wud stop on its own or she has to take a medication for dat..becux she is still havin blood stains on her pants..please respond!

Anonymous

Hi my wife took postings 24 hour ago aftre that we had a sex with her. Will she take another pill or the previous dose stay for how long?
Steve

Anonymous

I ad unprotected sex ystdy morning nd I took postinor...after completing d last dose I ad unprotected sex 2hours shortly after dt... shuld I take another batch of postinor dis morning or shuld I jst not bother???

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: