Q: 

Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

Hi, I have been taking p2 as I contraception pill and now I have been having weekly flow of blood which is not always heavy, am I Owk??? Cause of kinda scared of possible infertility.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on the 8 . I took P2 on the 9 . It's the 15 and my period is suppose to come on this day but the problem is it's really light just a little bit it didn't full a pad and I usually have a heavy flow.. I'm really concerned that I might be pregnant

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you do not have any bleeding within three weeks of taking Postinor 2, then test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello please tell me is there any chance of pregnancy if both female and male are only sliding and grinding with full clothes on? There was No penetration or ejaculation at all.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No risk at all.

Anonymous

pls I had sex with my girl friend and I don't remember if I ejaculated or not . I was afraid so I gave her postinor 2 tablet. what happens if I never ejaculated and what happens if I ejaculated? it was indeed taken less than 24hrs.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. They should get back to normal the next month.

Anonymous

Please I took the two tablet at once on 22nd April after I had unprotected sex then I took another two pills at a time on 30th April please wat is the side effect am confused now and this is my first time taking it

Anonymous

I took postinor 2 on the 18th of April because I had unprotected Intercourse and still met with my partner again on 21st of this same April and I repeated another second dose of postinor 2 consisting of two tablets at a time and I was expecting my flow on the 22nd of this month and is not yet out till date, being 29th of April and I have done several home test and all proved negative. Could this be the side effect of the postinor 2 I used four tablets within the range of 4days or can I be pregnant. Pls help me cause am afraid now because I don't my fate as it stands now. Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi,

From January to March of this year I have taken Positinor 2; 1 for each month and now I'm in April 23 days after my period should come and i have yet to see my period. I've taken 3 pregnancy home test (2 different brands) and they all come up negative. What is going on?

Tags: