ask: Over dosage of Postinor 2

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

hi, I had unprotected sex with my hubby on the 4&5 of April which was my ovulation days, I had unprotected sex on the 4 which was Saturday and took a pill of p2 on the Sunday and had unprotected sex that Sunday and take the second pill of p2, is possible for me to pregnant

Anonymous

Hi I had 2 doses of postinor 1 day after unprotected sex last month.Just find out that I am 7 weeks pregnant now .Will the medicine cause any harm to the foetus? Is this medication less effective? Is there similar incident ?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please call your obstetrician immediately. The medical literature warns that Postinor 2 should not be taken if you are already pregnant. I am not aware of nor could I find anything about the possible effects of this pill on a developing fetus.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello. I had sex on the 16th of april. I took two dosage of postinor at once after 26hours after I had sex. Then I took another 2 more dosage of postinor after another 24 hours because I was scared that I might be pregnant. The first time I took the pills, I didn't felt any side effects or anything. But after the second time I took the pills, I felt a little nauseas. I've been feeling a little nauseas for more than 24 hours already, could it be the side effects of the pills or could it be that I am pregnant? Somebody please advice me and help me! :(

I think you have taken to much of the pill. Once you have taken the 1st dose there was no need for the 2nd dose. If u don't get vaginal bleeding within 3wks of taking the pills test for pregnancy.

Anonymous

What are the possible side effect of taking P2, if taken once in two weeks continuously?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I'm not sure what you mean by "once in two weeks continuously". 

Please go on the the website of P2 so you can read about side effects in depth.

Anonymous

hi, i had sex on 11 march and took postinor 2 on 13 march, but since then i have not had my period. i got all the symtoms of pms and only slight spotting a week ago but nothing since then. can u explain why that may be?

oyesmiling

My gilfriend took the two dose of postinor2 dose once 10hours after unprotected sex we had. We had sex on 25 March and she start her expected period on April 2nd.
She started her mentruation at expected period but it only lasted for 2 days.
Is she pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to oyesmiling)

Hi oyesmiling,

I doubt that your girlfriend is pregnant because she did get her period after taking Postinor 2. Some women experience changes in their menstrual cycle as a side effect. The flow of the next period can be lighter or heavier than normal. Your girlfriend experienced this side effect.

Should she misses her next period, then she should take a pregnancy test. Just to be sure:)

Regards,

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: