Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

I had sex on March 8 took postinor 36 hours later... he didn't cum in me..I took it because the condom broke.... I had sex again on March 11 and took postinor the next day....he didn't use protection but he used withdrawal method.. it's March 16 and I got a light brown stain in my panties...my period should be due...I've been having lower abdominal pains just like I do when my period is approaching... no breast tenderness or nausea or anything... he didn't ejaculate..am I alright

Anonymous

hello,my last period is end of november 2016..can i take postinor 2 to abort my pregnancy??thank you..

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. Postinor 2 prevents a pregnancy not abort one.

Anonymous

Hello. I'd would appreciate it if you could give some clarification upon my question. You said the only way to know that postinor has worked in preventing pregnancy is by having vaginal bleeding/period? How sure are you? Because I heard there are some woman who still experience bleeding during pregnancy. How to confirm that there is 100% no pregnancy? Thank you

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Some women may have spotting during pregnancy. This not the same as having a period. If a woman bleeds similar to when she has a period, she is having a miscarriage. During your period, you shed the lining of the uterus. If this happens during pregnancy, you are losing the pregnancy.

Bleeding is the sign the ECP worked. If in doubt, contact your gynecologist who can order a blood pregnancy test and an ultrasound to confirm a pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello. The very last time I had sex was on December 2 days after my period ended. (A week apart from ovulation). There was no penetration or ejaculation inside but still unprotected so I took postinor 2 within 14 hours as directed. And now it's already February and throughout this period I can tell that I already got :
1. Withdrawal bleeding 5 days after taking the pill
2. January period 28 days after
3. February period 28 days after
4. 5 negative pregnancy test
However, I noticed that my periods seem to be lighter than they used to be before. They lasted around 6 days though. can postinor 2 caused light periods as side effect? And Am I 100% safe from pregnancy? I don't know what's wrong with me and these pregnancy scare I really don't want to be pregnant. Please help me answer thank you .

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Generally, an emergency contraceptive pill causes changes in the menstrual cycle and effect flow, but only for one month. Consider speaking with your gynecologist about this. You may be more sensitive.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello, Pls I took postinor-2 at the same time. will it be effective n will i see my menstruation

Hello Anon

It's fine to take them both at once, it will carry the same protection.

All women have different reactions to the Pill - we can't predict when you get your next period. You can't predict it either - that is a side effect of taking these pills.

Anonymous

I had an unprotected sex with my babe since 3rd of Jan
and now telling me that she is not seeing her period. please advice me what she can use because the pregnant is not wanted.