Over dosage of Postinor 2

By April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

I had sex 3pm on Wednesday and another sex 8am on Thursday, I want to use prostinor2 now. is it still goin to work and am I to use 4prostinor2 or just 2prostinor?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you plan to take Postinor 2, take only one dose. To be most effective, it should be taken as soon after intercourse as possible and definitely within 72 hours.

It prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. So, it will work best if you have not yet ovulated.

Do not depend on an ECP as birth control.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

what if sum one too two dosage at d same time,dats two tablet?what us d risk

Anonymous

Is it better to take 2 pills of Postinor 2 straight instead of waiting for the 12 hours time before taking the 2nd pill?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Check with a pharmacist. I would advise you to take the pills as directed.

Anonymous

Hi i had unprotected sex on wednesday night, i now took the two pill of postinor2 on thursday, later on Saturday night around 8;30pm i had unprotected sex again, pls am i to take another postinor2?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. From now on, you must start using a regular type of birth control method, like condoms, birth control pills, IUD or Depo-Provera injections.

Anonymous

hi, pls i took postinor 2 at once and in less than a week i took another dosage and i haven't seen my monthly period this month. what can be the problem?

Since you mis-using P2 (using it as birth control rather than a real emergency) your cycle is irregular. You should get your period at some stage this month but we can't say when. This is a side effect of mis-use.

If you don't get your period in the next week or two, take a pregnancy test just to rule that out.

Hello, I had unprotected sex Saturday morning about 2am and I couldn't get a plan b pill until Monday in the afternoon, about 1:30pm. The one I got was Postnior and since it's after 72 hours, could I be pregnant?