Over dosage of Postinor 2

By Kennie April 6, 2011 - 2:35pm

I took both pills in one dosage, is this dangerous or less effective? Also, what are the usual side effects after taking the pills and how soon after? I took the pills about a 17 days ago and now I'm spotting ( not heavy but blood is present). Could this be a side effect?

Anonymous

Hi.. I took Overdose of postinor.. on the 29 of may i took ppostinor2 after unprotected sex the previous day.. i took the two tablets once then on the 2nd and 3rd of june respectively i took four ordinary postinor which have ten tablets.. fast forward to 12th. June I started having tenderness of the breast,fatigue and a little dizziness.. are those not pregnancy signs or it is the side effects from taking those drugs.. I am very confused

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You are suffering with a drug, Postinor 2 overdose. Contact your gynecologist or primary care physician today.
These are not signs of pregnancy. You may have seriously harmed your body by taking so many pills.

Anonymous

Hi, I had sex and and took the 1st dosage of postinor 2 in 65hrs later but the second dose was taken in 12hrs later but fell after the 72hrs. Pls can I get pregnant?

Postinor 2 is most effective in preventing pregnancy if taken as early as possible. Effectiveness cannot be guaranteed. You will know it worked once you have vaginal bleeding.

Check with a pharmacist or your gynecologist regarding the pill's effectiveness since the last dose was taken 77 hours after sex.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I had sex then the condom tore I took 1 tablet of postinor 2 then took the second tablet the next morning which is 12 hours later and had unprotected sex again d same day after the second tablet could I get pregnant

Probably not. Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. Thus, you were covered when you had unprotected sex again that same day.

Have you had any vaginal bleeding since taking the pill?

Three weeks have passed and you should have had some bleeding or your period by now. That would prove the pill worked and you are not pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I took p2 yesterday at 4pm and had sex last night and this morning. Do I need to take another or what I took will still work.....really worried.

Was this a single dose Postinor 2?

You should not take another dose. Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy primarily by preventing ovulation. It also causes changes in the cervical mucus to make it harder for sperm to reach the released egg.

You were protected both times.

Please do not depend on Postinor 2 as your regular form of birth control. It is intended to be used only in an emergency situation such as the condom broke.

Emergency contraceptives contain high doses of the synthetic hormone found in most oral contraceptives. Taking these pills too often can cause problems, such as become less effective over time and upset the hormonal balance that regulates the menstrual cycle.

Regards,

Anonymous

hello Doc pls am pregnant unaware, my mum and dad will kill me what do i do, also i have to go to skool, i have so many things to pls help. my pregnancy is less than a month or not more than 2 month help me or i will take my life . can i apply postinor2

I am glad you reached out to our community. Please do not consider taking your life. There are options to terminate a pregnancy.

How old are you? Depending on your age and where you live, if you choose to have an abortion, your parents will need to know. I urge you to be honest with them. Don't write off their response before talking to them.

Schedule an appointment with a gynecologist or visit a women's health clinic, such as Planned Parenthood.

It is too late to take Postinor 2 which is an emergency contraceptive that prevents pregnancy and does not end a pregnancy.

We are here if you need us,