Overnight loss of sexual desire/horniness

Hello. I am 23yrs old female- virgin. I have never been in a relationship not bcoz i dont want to be in one just bcoz i havent found the right one. Before I begin with my issue, I would like to mention that I have always been horny.. from schooldays... university.. or whenever I meet an interesting guy.. I get wet.. feel horny... fantasize creative things abt my sexlife when i find the right guy whom i will end up marrying with. Few months back, I met this very attractive guy and i used to feel damn horny even when he used to stare or touch my hand for instance. It used to get wet just by a thought of his. We became good frds and did get physical.. in terms of feeling each other.. hugging..kissing.. n my body used to go out of control. I m sure everyone goes through this phase. All this actually happened for around 2-3weeks

Now my major concern is… when one day all of a sudden I stopped feeling horny (around dec 2009). From that day until today (its been nearly 13 MONTHS)… I don’t feel horny… Its just gone all of a sudden… It is unbelievable!! I understand its common..
But here I m still a virgin.. I am someone who has always felt horny naturally.. without having to watch porn movie.. This whole thing has really freaked me out..I am really scared abt it… I normally get upset.. snap at ppl.. I m irritated.. I don’t get wet even after watching a romantic love scene … It’s a major concern!! Have I lost it forever?? I have consulted a doctor.. it hasnt worked.. I have hypothyroidism from childhood and all my reports are normal.. that has never been a barrier.. Why did it all go all of a sudden?? I have tried different ways to get it back but non worked!! I feel so dead and lifeless!! I would appreciate suggestions from you on this.

Hi Anonymous

Sexual desire is not directly correlated to being a virgin or not. It sounds like you need a full hormonal check up to see if something has happened to your hormone levels in the past year. Even though your thyroid numbers are being monitored - how often does this occur? Have you had a check up in the past year?

There may have been changes in your estrogen or testosterone (yes, women have it too!) levels to cause such a drop in sexual desire (and good for you for enjoying the company of men but not feeling you have to have sex with just anyone, because you're horny. Waiting for the right person is a pretty cool thing to do!)

It doesn't sound like anything psychological has happened (you did not mention any kind of emotional trauma) so it may be something physical. Please make an appointment with your doctor for a full physical evaluation and no, what you are going through does NOT have to be permanent!

Please keep us posted as to your testing and let us know if we can help you further.

Female Sexual Dysfunction

Female Sexual Dysfunction Guide