ovulation and pregnancy

I want to know when does a woman with 25 days menstral cycle ovulate after her period.

My fiance and I have been try to concieve for the last four years but to no avail and doctor says there is no problem with us.

Hi Eve

Thank you for your question and welcome!

As a general rule, ovulation happens mid way through your cycle which is your case would be around days 12 and 13. However, many of us don't have perfect cycles so an ovulation predictor test for you might be a good idea, if you have not used one before.

But onto a more concerning issue - why does your doctor say there is "nothing wrong" wrong with trying for a baby for four years to no avail? This is actually a sign that something is at issue here; whether it's your fertility or that of your fiance.

If you are under the age of 35, doctors generally don't get involved until you have been trying for a baby for at least 12 months. Over 35, that timeline is reduced to 6 months.

But if you are actively trying for four years to no avail, and you understand the mechanics of sex and baby-making (which I'm sure you do but if not, let us know and we can introduce you to a lot of resources) then you should be seeing a specialist now - in fact you should have been seeing one at least two or three years ago.

How does your doctor know there is nothing wrong? Has she/he performed all the standards tests on you AND you fiance?

I hope to hear back from you soon!

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines