pain in both breast and now burning sensation on both nipples.

By March 4, 2013 - 11:47am

Hi, I am 29 yrs old with no kids. I have been on the pill for 9 years. 2 months ago i stopped taking my birthcontrol pills. my last period was on feb 14.
For the past 6 days i have been having this awful pain like crambs or electric shoots on my breasts. the pain is so bad that i have to bend over and hold my breast a little bit until the pain goes away. the pain started on my right breast (2 days with the pain) and then the pain moved to the left breast for 3 days. yesterday i found a little dried blood on my left nipple which seems to be more like a superficial cut. on my right nipple i have two scabs. today and yesterday i feel a burning sensation on both nipples , what could it be? the pain is almost gone but the burning sensation is just killing me. thanks!

Hi lolalola

Breast pain is common about 3-10 days before a period is due but it sounds like you may have some kind of breast infection due to your pain and sores forming. It's a good idea to get this seen to as soon as you can, to at least know what's going on as your pain may not be period related, especially if it's causing you to double up.

Will you let us know how things go?

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide