pain in my left foot underneath where a bunion would be, shooting pain, even when I'm not walking

By Anonymous January 16, 2012 - 11:50am

I have a pain in my left foot, it is on top of the foot, underneath where a bunion would be, I am fortunate to not have a bunion, but I cant explain the excruciating pain in my foot. It even hurts when I'm not walking, sharp shooting pains, any idea what it could be?

Thanks for your post and sorry about your foot, it sounds terribly painful.

You may have a damaged nerve or something called Plantar Fasciitis. This is a condition that often happens due to unexpected stress on the foot.

Symptoms of plantar fasciitis may come on gradually or suddenly.

Symptoms include:

• Burning pain on the sole of the foot
  • Heel pain when taking the first steps in the morning
  • Tenderness when touching the sole or heel
  • Pain when standing on tiptoe

Shooting pains can also occur.

For lots more, read here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/plantar-fasciitis

Anon, do you think you may have this condition?

Have you had any kind of trip or fall or injury to the foot (a bang or a twist) that you can remember? Do you have any swelling? You may have a fracture or have pulled something that's causing this pain.

It looks like you are going to have to see a doctor for a full examination so that you don't risk further injury and can start healing as soon as possible.

We hope to hear back from you!