Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: Pain under armpit and breast area.

By sandee

Hello, I'm 36 years old and a month ago started having stomach problems, nausea, dizziness, low night fevers..etc., I figured I had a stomach bug but at the same time began to feel pain under my armpit that spread to the breast area closest to the armpit. I asked my doctor about this pain, he said, he felt no lumps and that it was probably my lymph nodes bothering me as a result of the stomach bug and that it would go away soon. My dizziness got so bad I went to the ER one night and also complained to the ER doctor about the breast pain but he said he felt no lumps and told me not to worry about it. It's been a month, I am feeling a little better from my stomach although I still get dizzy after I eat and wake up nauseaus from time to time but the pain under my arm and breast is still there. I'm terrified, I saw another doctor and he's sending me for an ultrasound. What could be causing this pain for so long? One doctor said it could be my Lymph Nodes, the other said he wasn't sure, and the other one said it wasn't my lymph nodes! what can this be?

Anonymous

i have armpit issues as i mentioned on here naturally it started around the time my body lost alot of weight 98 lbs, i started menopause now too and my thyroid is not good my Endo dr my GYN all keep doing blood tests and it came back lower then low i have hoshimoto disease so yes that you mentioned auto immune disease thats just what this is
If the ultra sound just showed in my left breast a large lymph node it was diagnosed as normal nothing unusual seen
What is the armpit strain? that just seems to have started with the more weight i loose and menopause my body is just going through weird stuff total insomnia since this all started i should feel better i was 350 lbs now im down to 265

II'm having the issue with lumps or fat deposits if you will. I'm 6ft white male, overweight at 220lbs. I saw a naturopathic doctor and they recommended a raw food diet only of fresh fruits and herbs/veggies to get the lymph moving. No cooked or processed foods. Im not on medications or a drug user/smoker. Moderate drinker. Beer mostly. Not active at all. She also said to start walking and that would help move the stagnation of acid waste trapped in the cell walls. Its taking a while and said to, but I felt the imidate difference in energy.

Anonymous

Hi,

I experience the same prob ever since I am 36 and it is cyclic, meaning the pain comes just a week before the periods and disappears magically once the periods start. It IS the lymph nodes!!!

My OBGYN said our body gets ready for pregnancy every month when it realizes it's NOT pregnant that's the time the pain acts up. I got both Mammo & USG done to rule out lump / tumors. Even got physically checked by a Surgeon. OBGYN said I have very dense breast tissue and my lymph nodes come down around the area of the armpit every month and that's why I feel the pain. It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about!!

Im just lost 98 pounds from being morbidly obese dealing with hyothyroidism hoshimoto disease my Endo dr is regulating the dosage of levothyroxine , however since my body with a harmone test came back im in menopause now hot sweats at night not terrible they come for a few minutes and leave, total insomnia since all this happened i mean i know my body between harmon changes, loosing 98 lbs, is like trying to adjust itself im too afraid to start with harmon replacement because it can cause breast cancer, blood clots so I opted not to start
How ever im a lefty and im always carrying heavy stuff with me and i started to have this like muscle type pain under my left armpit so i told my GYN and asked to have it ultra sounded now every year i get a sono and a mammogram last year i didnt for what ever reason now me and my mom have cystic breasts so last year for the first time they thought they saw something to have my left breast rechecked with a spot check that hurt only because they smash that part of your boob really hard but thank god no ultra sound needed it was just not a clear picture prior...
Now with this years ultra sound of my left armpit and breast i was watching the tech we saw on the left side of my left breast like a large lima bean shaped spot naturally i got scared and was freaking out thinking the cancer word... she said well no its probably your lymph node but i want to measure from your nipple to that area to make sure the rradiologist has good pictures
She came back after showing him and she said its fine so i said its not cancer whats causing my like muscle type pain? she said well you have a large lymph node where you said it was a little tender but thats normal alot of weman have all size Lymph nodes he said not to worry about it the report said seems to be normal .. follow up well of course i will but this time im going with ultra sound and mammo
Should i be concerned my GNY saw the report he said that armpit pain is nothing to worry about well he's reading radiologist report as i did... but the tech said to me look your 53 now in menopause you just lost alot of weight 98 lbs, your hamones and lymphatic system too are probably all trying to adjust to how your body is changing is that right i mean its a weird feeling GYN, my internist hand felt my armpit and breast didnt feel any lumps... so should i be concerned?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for your input , Anon! 

It will really help our readers.

Anonymous

5 years of diagnosed with labrynthititus. .feeling tired and dizzy and sick. Finally diagnosed with grade 1 cancer...large tumour. Mastectomy and lymph node clearance. ..grade 3 tumour not picked up on mammogram or scan. Chemotherapy then refused radiotherapy and tamoxifen. ..feel great 2 years later. Do not ignore ANY symptoms...its your body telling you something! !!! Listen and act

Anonymous

I deal with the same thing. I've been to my Dr. and the ER. Finally one Dr. asked me if I was right handed (yes). He then asked me if when I carry my child, purse, ect if I carry it on my left side to keep my right hand free to use my keys, phone ect. I do.... He told me to not lift anything heavy for a couple days and to see if the pain got better and it did. According to him, I just use my left arm too much to lift heavy things and need to use both hands. Also he suggested I try to put my purse on my right side. He said it's really common in women but their isn't any proof from x rays or test that confirm your muscles are just tired and strained. Hope this helps.

Anonymous

http://www.smmcnj.org/cdbc_BreastPain.html

The link I provided has a good amount of information. I have underarm soreness which feels like it was aggravated by an underwire bra. Also I used to suffer from swollen and sore lymph nodes in my underarm. Turns out..
. don't use regular deodorant - they contain aluminum which is absorbed into your skin. Use natural or aluminum free deodorant. I found that when I stopped using deodorant with aluminum, my lymph nodes under my arm went back to normal and don't hurt.

Anonymous

Has anybody received a diagnosis?

Anonymous

I am 27 years old and was just at work one day when I too experienced underarm pains, I had three doctors check under my arm and tell me there is nothing there, everything happens on the left side and the pain radiates from my breast to my underarm. There was a time when the pain made my arm feel numb and tingly too. I am baffled and if anyone knows what this is please help!