ask: Pain under armpit and breast area.

Hello, I'm 36 years old and a month ago started having stomach problems, nausea, dizziness, low night fevers..etc., I figured I had a stomach bug but at the same time began to feel pain under my armpit that spread to the breast area closest to the armpit. I asked my doctor about this pain, he said, he felt no lumps and that it was probably my lymph nodes bothering me as a result of the stomach bug and that it would go away soon. My dizziness got so bad I went to the ER one night and also complained to the ER doctor about the breast pain but he said he felt no lumps and told me not to worry about it. It's been a month, I am feeling a little better from my stomach although I still get dizzy after I eat and wake up nauseaus from time to time but the pain under my arm and breast is still there. I'm terrified, I saw another doctor and he's sending me for an ultrasound. What could be causing this pain for so long? One doctor said it could be my Lymph Nodes, the other said he wasn't sure, and the other one said it wasn't my lymph nodes! what can this be?

Anonymous

I have had same thing now for almost a year and half. The symptoms are mainly from my irritable bowel syndrome and getting nerve testing done soon for armpit. I had manmogram etc done so its all part of the auto immune disease issues. It is irritating but find diet and reducing stresses do help bit

Anonymous

Hello, I have suffered from Fibrocystic breast for a few years. Pain and lumpiness in the under arm and breast area. After being scared to death, I went to my family doctor, who calmed my fears. She also told me to take vitamin e. It has helps greatly with my flare ups. A little about me: The pain started when I was 25, I am now 27.5 and have had a few flare ups. I have large natural breast, thus the root of my pain. Good luck to all.

Anonymous

Im 33 years old and im really really scared.. Im deported to my homeland, Mexico. Im all alone without my family and since I dont have any family of my own Im just a mess and I have been here in Tijuana Mexico for about 2 years now and besides thee fact that I feel all alone I have this pain that just about a week ago I started feeling and well it hasnt stopped ever since. Thee pain started at my upper back in thee shoulder blade area and then as thee days went by the pain has been more painful and spreaded towards thee armpit area aswell and my right breast. I have check myself and I dont feel any lumps but the breast now feels as if it was swollen and like I said Im deported here in Mexico and without a job and struggling just to be able to make ends meat, therefore I have no health insurance if there is such a thing and well no money to even go to thee doctors and so IM REALLY SCARED ANDTERRIFIED AND DONT KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME... AM I GOING TO DIE? IM SCARED I DONT WANT TO DIE...

Im sorry to hear your situation. I have been diagnosed with IBS and Fibromialgia. My fibro also gives me the same arm and armpit and into the breast pain. It is worse when I'm stressed out so first thing you need to do is stop thinking the worst for now. Diet has alot to do with the flare ups and pain. Not something you should ignore though and if possible in any way see a doctor. I had a mamogram and mine was fine, they couldn't figure anything else out and that was a year and a half ago almost now. I am still alive, I had the same crazy thoughts though in the beginning when the pain was worse, I'm managing better these days and hope you do too. My thoughts and prayers go out to you

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I'm sorry for your circumstances. Don't think about dying - this could be a strain or some kind of nerve pain.

Anon, Mexico has free healthcare. There should be no issue with you seeing a doctor. Ask your social services for a medical card and this will allow you to see a doctor for no/little cost.

Anonymous

I had severe pain under my armpits, mostly on the right side, but left, too. Two docs said it wasn't lymph nodes but it hurt like crazy and NSAIDs didn't work. Finally figured it out. Compression of my C6 and C7 vertebrae causing a pinchy-type nerve. Bought a over-the-door traction unit and feel 90% better! Thought I'd share in case someone else could benefit. A trip to the chiropractor may help.

Who did you go to see to find out it was a vertebrae issue? I started having severe pain in my right underarm in Oct. I went to an ortho Dr and was diagnosed with distal clavicle detoriation. I had surgery in Dec and in march my pain came back in the exact same place. I have had physical therapy that has helped some but the pain is horrible. e i jusr had a mammogram came back fine.
Thanks

I am so glad I read your post. I have the weirdest pain from under my right arm pit to my right breast AND have experienced neck, shoulder, back pain since Feb 2015. I have been picking up & carrying my grandbaby, not good for my pain.

Thanks so much for sharing this, it will really help our readers looking for help. Glad you are feeling a lot better. 

LH

I am 31 And about 3 weeks ago I got a pain in my left arm pit going into my breast. I feel no lumps, and no tenderness to the touch, I've looked up just about everything and I'm doing exams to much, if I think I feel pain and I come back it's gone..I'm not blessed in this area so I can feel a good bit ...I only have pain, but my mind won't stop thinking the worst. I Have also thought could my breast be growing??? Cause some times it feels that way to...I am a mother of 4 young children and I have no health insurance. I thought it was due to a bra I was wearing so I changed what I was wearing. It feels like I've been bruised and dull pain. It's not constant I've gone a few days without it, but I can't get it out of my mind...I've read something about someone's back well I've been having some serious neck pain to where I couldn't lift my head but I don't know where to go...who to talk to all I want to do is cry because I'm scared...help me please

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :