ask: Pain under armpit and breast area.

Hello, I'm 36 years old and a month ago started having stomach problems, nausea, dizziness, low night fevers..etc., I figured I had a stomach bug but at the same time began to feel pain under my armpit that spread to the breast area closest to the armpit. I asked my doctor about this pain, he said, he felt no lumps and that it was probably my lymph nodes bothering me as a result of the stomach bug and that it would go away soon. My dizziness got so bad I went to the ER one night and also complained to the ER doctor about the breast pain but he said he felt no lumps and told me not to worry about it. It's been a month, I am feeling a little better from my stomach although I still get dizzy after I eat and wake up nauseaus from time to time but the pain under my arm and breast is still there. I'm terrified, I saw another doctor and he's sending me for an ultrasound. What could be causing this pain for so long? One doctor said it could be my Lymph Nodes, the other said he wasn't sure, and the other one said it wasn't my lymph nodes! what can this be?

Anonymous

I had severe pain under my armpits, mostly on the right side, but left, too. Two docs said it wasn't lymph nodes but it hurt like crazy and NSAIDs didn't work. Finally figured it out. Compression of my C6 and C7 vertebrae causing a pinchy-type nerve. Bought a over-the-door traction unit and feel 90% better! Thought I'd share in case someone else could benefit. A trip to the chiropractor may help.

I am so glad I read your post. I have the weirdest pain from under my right arm pit to my right breast AND have experienced neck, shoulder, back pain since Feb 2015. I have been picking up & carrying my grandbaby, not good for my pain.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks so much for sharing this, it will really help our readers looking for help. Glad you are feeling a lot better. 

LH

I am 31 And about 3 weeks ago I got a pain in my left arm pit going into my breast. I feel no lumps, and no tenderness to the touch, I've looked up just about everything and I'm doing exams to much, if I think I feel pain and I come back it's gone..I'm not blessed in this area so I can feel a good bit ...I only have pain, but my mind won't stop thinking the worst. I Have also thought could my breast be growing??? Cause some times it feels that way to...I am a mother of 4 young children and I have no health insurance. I thought it was due to a bra I was wearing so I changed what I was wearing. It feels like I've been bruised and dull pain. It's not constant I've gone a few days without it, but I can't get it out of my mind...I've read something about someone's back well I've been having some serious neck pain to where I couldn't lift my head but I don't know where to go...who to talk to all I want to do is cry because I'm scared...help me please

Anonymous

I can only tell my story, and hope it helps!
When an ache started on the left side of my chest about four months ago, I disregarded it, associating it to anxiety. A few days later, the pain went from an inconvenience, to debilitating within an hour, expanding to my underarm and down my hand. I was at work, desperate for every hour, so I didn't want to leave. A friend of mine noticed I was pale, asked what was wrong, and immediately went for chewable aspirin, convinced I was having a heart attack.
Work sent me to the closest er, where the radiologist told me I had a small aneurysm on my aortic valve. I quit work, went on blood pressure and antianxiety meds to keep my stress to a minimum, wrote up a new will, had a dozen restrictions on activity and diet from my doctor, and tried to function as all of my medical treatment was based on one radiologist's report.
The pain never hit so bad again, though I perpetually had pressure in my chest, and discomfort under my arm.
Until a few nights ago.
I was watching a movie with my son, relaxing on the couch, when I felt like I was hit with a sledgehammer in my left breast. My arm, the side of my chest, and underarm felt as if it had been tourniqueted too long and were about to explode.
I went to the er of a wonderful hospital, where they told me after another CT... That there was nothing in my breast- nor was there ANYTHING wrong with my heart. The nurse pressed on my back, right behind where my heart is, and I jumped- because of all the pain, I hadn't even realized it was super-sensitized.
Come to find out, the discs in my upper back are herniated, which has caused all of my symptoms, even though it was all on one side. C7-T2 disc damage is becoming more and more common as more people than ever are slumped over computers, though mine was from repetitive work with my arms.
My first advice would always be to check your heart- these are symptoms of a heart attack for women(even nausea). Obviously, always look into the danger of breast cancer. If you don't find anything there, though- take a look at your back!!! I'm stuck with this agony which no pill or shot has been able to touch for at least a few months, but if I wouldn't have been so terrified by my first diagnosis, and asked for more tests, the further damage to my discs would have been preventable.
Good luck, everyone!

Please see a chiropractor who will also administer acupuncture. The results my husband experienced were near miraculous. God bless you with peace and good health!

Anonymous

To say that cancerous lumps are not painful is a myth. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer at 44 yrs old two yrs ago. My tumor was very painful! Please do not dismiss a possible malignacy just because you have pain. Get it checked out ASAP!

You're right - what I should have said is that "most cancerous lumps are not painful" - certainly not all. 

Thanks for pointing my mistake out.

I hope you health is good again-

Anonymous

Hello, I have had an off and on aches around my left Breast, under the armpit, upper arm and back. Had many checks, have been diagnosed with health anxiety and am awaiting CBT. Can anxiety be that powerful?

Many thanks

Anonymous

I received a callback on March 10th after my annual mammogram March 4th. They said they wanted me to call for an appointment to get an ultrasound on my right breast. I asked the girl that called if I should be worried. She said it could be my breast are dense. I don't know why I asked her, she is not a Doctor. I think if was just someone to talk to in a moment of horror. I called for Ultrasound appointment and the first available is not until March 23rd. I have tried to remain calm about this, but I have also had periods of crying and really just wanting to know if this is something to be concerned about. I also have had slight aching sensation in my right arm and right armpit for sometime. I honestly thought it was probably arthritis because of my age (65).

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :