pain/no sex drive/weight gain/sleeplessness

I have been very concearned since I had a complete hysterectomy about five years ago. I had no hrt so I got the pleasure of going straight into menapause. After the complete hyst, I had to have surgery to repair damage from bowels prolapsing into my vaginal cavity, next came the cystoscope. In the midst of all this I had a back injury resulting in a bulging c7, t10, t11 and tear at t12. All of this fun led to DDD, severe IC, IBS and GERD. I have gained almost 60 pounds in the last few years although I haven't changed any of my eating patterns, I will admit I don't exercise like I used to mostly due to pain. Some days I feel as if I can feel every joint in my body. I'm sure some of my sex drive issues are because of the extra weight, but I have zero urge and have dryness. I have pain all over, however, the pain most disturbing to me these days is in my breast. I'm exhausted all the time if I'm lucky I get 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I don't have insurance so I have been seeing a doctor at a free clinic and not getting near the care needed to find a solution. I've been told I'm to stressed I need to have more sex, and loose weight. Pain hasn't been addressed, and no real diagnosis. I am very worried about my health and no idea what direction to go in. Please help.

Thanks so much for your question and welcome!

My heart is aching for you that you have gone through so much and are in so much discomfort. Not having insurance is also awful and something that I'd really like to see changed in this country. Your health should not be dependent on the size of your wallet.

Lack of exercise is not your fault; you can't be blamed for needing downtime and/or being in pain.

Have you talked to your doctor about getting hormone replacement therapy? If possible, ask for the manufacturer of these medications to see if you can get them at low cost or for free. Many pharmaceutical companies participate in these programs. Here are two programs for you to look into:

It's also possible that you have fibromyalgia. Please ask your doctor about this and see if he/she can look into this for you. For more on Fibromyalgia, click here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/fibromyalgia . I think this information will really help you.

Will you talk to your doctor about this? And keep us posted?

Menopause Guide