The past month I had complete knee replacement. In the hospital and in rehab,as well as present, when I close my eyes I see a black blob with a bright light on the end like a flaslight. I keep thinking everyday that it will disappear, but is still there.

I am concerned about this problem. I called my eye doctor and the nurse told me that if I only see it when my eyes are closed, it has nothing to do with my eyes and could possibly be a brain problem from the surgery. I don't know what to do and would appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks for your attention.

Thanks for your question and welcome! Your situation seems quite unusual!

You may be experiencing Closed Eye Hallucinations. Some people experieince this after exposure to certain drugs like LCD/Acid but this is not always the case. Closed Eye Halluncinations can be in the form of color or shape, images or in black and white. It could also happen from certain medications, including anti-depressants.

I agree that you may have something going on neurologically. You will need to contact a neurologist so see if he/she can find out why this is happening. You should also have a referral from your doctor and a neurologist should have full access to your medical and surgical records.

Please let us know how it goes,

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide