perimenopause question

I am 52. I had not had a period in about 5 months. I just started my period again this past Friday. Is that normal for perimenopausal women?

Yes, this can be typical for some women, unfortunately! I know a woman who got her period after 11 months and then had to start from Month 1 all over again.

At 52, you're at the average age for menopause but of course that's +/- 5 years or so each way. You're officially post- menopausal when you've had 12 consecutive months of no periods.

Read more about perimenopause here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/perimenopause

And menopause:

Perimenopause Guide