Period 10 days early! VERY strange (and I'm not worried I'm pregnant either!)

By yankmumof4 May 10, 2010 - 2:42am

My cycle has always been spot-on 28 days. Maybe once a year, it'll come a day early/late. It's pretty good like that!

But it this time came over 10 days early (over the weekend) which is REALLY strange and unusual for me. I spotted for 2 days and then bam! I've had lots of large clots too (sorry about the TMI!!)

Last week, before I started spotting, I was getting hot flashes every day. My face and head would get so hot, I actually felt ill.

I'm only 30, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Could my hormones be majorly out of whack?? (I had a baby 12 months ago.)

Anonymous

hello! I am 20 years old. My periods are very regular and only sometimes one or two days early or late. But this time my periods have come 10 days before the date. I am worried because this time i didn't notice any pms as i do every month. Is it normal?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

An early period can happen for many reasons including surgery, stress or a change in hormones or body chemistry. Generally, even though this is unusual for you, this does not signify anything is wrong.

If irregularity continues (track for the next three months) talk to your doctor about finding out why.

Anonymous

Hi I am 15 years old and I always get my period on time but this month I got it ten days earlier also I am worried cuz I started experiencing unusual pelvic and back pain also worm-like lump in my pelvis area, i am scared can you tell me what could it be?

We cannot say what this could be, you will need to seek doctors advice.

Anonymous

Thank you Susan and to clarify I had it on the 17th day.

Hi again-
So it was a week early?
An normal cycle is considered to be between 21-35 days so you weren't too far off the mark.

Hello, so I got my period on day 23 this month. Which it was like ten days earlier than when I was suppose to start. I normally have longgggg cycles 32-35 days. I was cramping all day when I got my period and it came at night (which it normally hits me in the morning). Thursday-saturday I had bleeding the first day I only soaked one pad. Then the rest only bleEnding while on toilet. I'm confused. If I could be pregnant or just a very strange month. I had sex approximately 12 days prior to my "period".

Anon

Since you are bleeding, it's not likely you're pregnant but you need to take a test to know for sure.

Anonymous

Hi I am Meghana and last month I had brown colour white discharge for two days and it was followed by periods and it was on 29th day but now I got my periods early for 17 days , I am 16 years old.
Can you please say what is the reason behind this and is it ok?

Hello!

If this has never happened before it may be a hormonal hiccup, so to speak. Are you saying your period was 17 days early or you have had it for 17 days?