ask: Period 10 days early! VERY strange (and I'm not worried I'm pregnant either!)

By yankmumof4

My cycle has always been spot-on 28 days. Maybe once a year, it'll come a day early/late. It's pretty good like that!

But it this time came over 10 days early (over the weekend) which is REALLY strange and unusual for me. I spotted for 2 days and then bam! I've had lots of large clots too (sorry about the TMI!!)

Last week, before I started spotting, I was getting hot flashes every day. My face and head would get so hot, I actually felt ill.

I'm only 30, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Could my hormones be majorly out of whack?? (I had a baby 12 months ago.)

yankmumof4

Hi Susan, thanks for your speedy reply!

To answer your questions: No, I stopped nursing a few months ago. I do have difficulty concentrating and my memory is pretty bad...but I 've been putting those things down to "baby brain." Maybe it's not!

I do NOT think I was pregnant, we use protection and we're really careful as all our babies were conceived on "go #1." It did cross my mind, but only for a brief moment as I'm pretty sure that;s not the case.

I managed to get an appointment today with my doctor. I might talk to him about getting my hormone levels check.

Thanks again!!

Dear Yankmumof4,

I'm not sure what's happening with your period this month, but if on rare occasions, it does come early or late, that's what may be happening now.

Your hormones may absolutely be 'out of whack' and thus causing the hot flashes. I have a few questions for you - have you just stopped nursing? Anything else besides the hot flashes - discomfort during sex, difficulty concentrating? You may need a blood test to check your hormonal levels and see if they have changed.

Yankmumof4, do you think there is a possibility that you were pregnant? And had a miscarriage? Are you using protection?

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: