Period 10 days early! VERY strange (and I'm not worried I'm pregnant either!)

By May 10, 2010 - 2:42am

My cycle has always been spot-on 28 days. Maybe once a year, it'll come a day early/late. It's pretty good like that!

But it this time came over 10 days early (over the weekend) which is REALLY strange and unusual for me. I spotted for 2 days and then bam! I've had lots of large clots too (sorry about the TMI!!)

Last week, before I started spotting, I was getting hot flashes every day. My face and head would get so hot, I actually felt ill.

I'm only 30, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Could my hormones be majorly out of whack?? (I had a baby 12 months ago.)

Anonymous

I am 23 yrs old. My period due is on 27th July. I am on 28 days periods cycle. Just 8 days back. v only tried to have sex but my vagina is too small v stopped. N he just happened to cum near my vagina. Today I got my periods. Am I pregnant? Is this an symptom of Pregnancy.??

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you got your period you are not pregnant.

"Pregnant women can have some light irregular bleeding during pregnancy, but it should not be like a “normal” period. Some women can confuse this for their period because often it can come right around the time she was expecting her normal period.

The irregular bleeding or spotting that can occur during pregnancy is often a dark brown or a light pinkish color. It should not be enough bleeding to fill pads or tampons over a few days. If you are bleeding enough to fill pads and tampons, then this would be a good indication that you are probably not pregnant. " American Pregnancy Association

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello, I'm 14 years old and I started my period 10 days early? Is this okay? I'm on my 18th day of cycle

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is nothing to worry about. When a teenager starts getting her period, the length of her menstrual cycle can vary from one month to the next. In time, it should become more regular.

Regards,

Anonymous

hello! I am 20 years old. My periods are very regular and only sometimes one or two days early or late. But this time my periods have come 10 days before the date. I am worried because this time i didn't notice any pms as i do every month. Is it normal?

An early period can happen for many reasons including surgery, stress or a change in hormones or body chemistry. Generally, even though this is unusual for you, this does not signify anything is wrong.

If irregularity continues (track for the next three months) talk to your doctor about finding out why.

Anonymous

Hi I am 15 years old and I always get my period on time but this month I got it ten days earlier also I am worried cuz I started experiencing unusual pelvic and back pain also worm-like lump in my pelvis area, i am scared can you tell me what could it be?

We cannot say what this could be, you will need to seek doctors advice.

Anonymous

Thank you Susan and to clarify I had it on the 17th day.

Hi again-
So it was a week early?
An normal cycle is considered to be between 21-35 days so you weren't too far off the mark.