Period 10 days early! VERY strange (and I'm not worried I'm pregnant either!)

By May 10, 2010 - 2:42am

My cycle has always been spot-on 28 days. Maybe once a year, it'll come a day early/late. It's pretty good like that!

But it this time came over 10 days early (over the weekend) which is REALLY strange and unusual for me. I spotted for 2 days and then bam! I've had lots of large clots too (sorry about the TMI!!)

Last week, before I started spotting, I was getting hot flashes every day. My face and head would get so hot, I actually felt ill.

I'm only 30, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Could my hormones be majorly out of whack?? (I had a baby 12 months ago.)

Anonymous

Hi,my last month period was regular 15th to 17th December expecting the next one on the 13th but it came on the 11th.before then I had been very weak most times in the morning with stomach cramps,waist pain and i noticed my breast where more firm and painful to for two weeks now.could i be pregnant? Am newly married.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You are not pregnant if you are having a normal period.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello, I just turned 35 and my tubes have been tied for 9yrs. I do have unprotected sex with my fiance, however my period came 10 days early and this has never happened since I have been on my period. In the past I was told my uterus is tilted. What are your thoughts?

Hello Anon

A tilted uterus (I am the proud owner of one myself!) should not affect the menstrual cycle.

At 25, your periods may be becoming a little irregular due to early peri-menopause but a pregnancy test can rule out pregnancy. Bear in mind your risk is very low.

You may be early this month simply due to a change in body chemistry.

Anonymous

Hello, i am 27 and i had a period this time 12 days earlier than the usual time. What may be the reáson , as we are planning for a baby and we have an active sex those days..so is this any sign of pregnancy ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Having a period would show that you are not pregnant. I really don't know why your recent period was 12 days early.

Are you taking any medication to help you become pregnant?

Regards,

Anonymous

So my period isn't due for 11 more days ..but today I had some light brown spotting that turned into actual blood its not super heavy flow but noticeable for sure..only thing different I notice about myself is my face has been hot like a hot flash but not to often ..maybe a little emotional but maybe because this is my period coming early ? Its never came early ..oh..had slight cramps too..what could it be ?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The first question I need to ask is how old are you?

Changes in the menstrual cycle are the first sign of early perimenopause. Women in their 50s, some as early as late 40s, start having fluctuations in estrogen levels.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I am 15 and my period arrives 10 days earlier than last month. Should I be worried ? I didn't have sex I only had oral and his hands were clean and so were mine. There is no way I can be pregnant right?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no way you could be pregnant. Sometimes, when you first start getting a period, it can be irregular. Your body is adjusting to the surge of hormones associated with adolescents. In time, your period should become regular.

Regards,