Period 10 days early! VERY strange (and I'm not worried I'm pregnant either!)

By May 10, 2010 - 2:42am

My cycle has always been spot-on 28 days. Maybe once a year, it'll come a day early/late. It's pretty good like that!

But it this time came over 10 days early (over the weekend) which is REALLY strange and unusual for me. I spotted for 2 days and then bam! I've had lots of large clots too (sorry about the TMI!!)

Last week, before I started spotting, I was getting hot flashes every day. My face and head would get so hot, I actually felt ill.

I'm only 30, so I'm not really sure what's going on. Could my hormones be majorly out of whack?? (I had a baby 12 months ago.)

Anonymous

Hi, I am 15 and my period arrives 10 days earlier than last month. Should I be worried ? I didn't have sex I only had oral and his hands were clean and so were mine. There is no way I can be pregnant right?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no way you could be pregnant. Sometimes, when you first start getting a period, it can be irregular. Your body is adjusting to the surge of hormones associated with adolescents. In time, your period should become regular.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I had a etopic pregnany about 5 months ago my periods been coming 4 days earlier like my first period was 5/28 next was 6/24 next was 7/20 an the next one was 8/16 but this one was 9/8 what can cause this an it cause slimmy discharge an more clots than usual

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I cannot say. Consider speaking with your gynecologist, who knows you, your medical history, possible cause of an ectopic pregnancy and can order blood tests to check hormone levels.

The menstrual cycle is regulated by a precise balance of hormones. It is possible that, depending on far along you were, your hormones are still readjusting.

Are you having blood clots in the vaginal discharge while having your period or in between periods? This is definitely something to mention to your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am 23 yrs old. My period due is on 27th July. I am on 28 days periods cycle. Just 8 days back. v only tried to have sex but my vagina is too small v stopped. N he just happened to cum near my vagina. Today I got my periods. Am I pregnant? Is this an symptom of Pregnancy.??

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you got your period you are not pregnant.

"Pregnant women can have some light irregular bleeding during pregnancy, but it should not be like a “normal” period. Some women can confuse this for their period because often it can come right around the time she was expecting her normal period.

The irregular bleeding or spotting that can occur during pregnancy is often a dark brown or a light pinkish color. It should not be enough bleeding to fill pads or tampons over a few days. If you are bleeding enough to fill pads and tampons, then this would be a good indication that you are probably not pregnant. " American Pregnancy Association

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello, I'm 14 years old and I started my period 10 days early? Is this okay? I'm on my 18th day of cycle

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is nothing to worry about. When a teenager starts getting her period, the length of her menstrual cycle can vary from one month to the next. In time, it should become more regular.

Regards,

Anonymous

hello! I am 20 years old. My periods are very regular and only sometimes one or two days early or late. But this time my periods have come 10 days before the date. I am worried because this time i didn't notice any pms as i do every month. Is it normal?

An early period can happen for many reasons including surgery, stress or a change in hormones or body chemistry. Generally, even though this is unusual for you, this does not signify anything is wrong.

If irregularity continues (track for the next three months) talk to your doctor about finding out why.