I am 22 years old. I started taking birth control pills when i was about 12 years old because my period was irregular, i was on them for years and i had stopped taking them a few times to see if my period would get normal but it never did so i got back on the birth control pills and i stoped taking them about a year ago. I' ve been in a relationship for 7 years and we never use protection , and i never get pregnant. Can this be because of the birth control pills or does having one kidney can be an issue also?? I also had sex about two times this week and a day after we had sex i had a spot of light blood which i thought was my period but i guess not because its been two days and i havent got any blood , what can this mean? I took a pregnancy test and it was negative but if i were to be pregnant i think it would be way too early to tell if i am.

Thank you for your question! 

If you have been having unprotected sex for seven years and never gotten pregnant then it's likely you have an issue with fertility. If your one kidney is healthy and works well, that should not be a factor. 

I would see your doctor about getting tests done to see if you have any conditions that could cause infertility and work from there. 

It's also a good idea to have your partner checked out too. 

Thank you. I will definately get checked.