By January 13, 2015 - 5:47pm

okay, I'm 17 years old. I do have sex with my boyfriend but not often. I have had irregular periods since I have had a period. all of a sudden I had a very light period that lasted for 5 days. then a week later I began spotting which turned into a period which lasted longer than 7 days. I've been off for a week. When I went to the restroom and wiped there was a little bit of blood. I am really really worried and I don't know why this keeps happening to me. please help.

Thank you for your post.

As long as you always have protected sex with your boyfriend (and I assume you do), then pregnancy is not a factor here. 

Since you are irregular, this is likely the reason why you are having these kinds of periods.  Irregularity can cause frequent bleeding or infrequent bleeding. 

It's a good idea to talk to your doctor about your options.