By April 8, 2011 - 10:02am

okay so im 5 days late on my period me and my boyfriend did have unprotected sex but he never ejectulates in me cause i make him stop before now im worrying that something is wrong since im 5 days late so can anybody tell me what this is

Hi JB123

A man can have active sperm in his pre-ejaculatory fluids which can impregnate a woman, especially if they are having this kind of unprotected sex during ovulation. It's just not a safe method of birth control unless the ovulation period is avoided altogether.

Since you are five days late, a pregnancy test will let you know if you are pregnant or not.

Good luck to you and thanks for writing!

I took two test and both came back negative! but I still havent started. But if I had sex two days before my period would I still have one?

HERWriter Guide (reply to JB123)

Hi JB123!

If you are pregnant you won't get your period but having sex two days before your period is DUE would be a reasonably "safe" time although there are no guarantees to this.

We cannot tell you why your period is late but if it is late and you've had two negative pregnancy tests (that were taken correctly) then the likelihood of you being pregnant is very, very low.

If you are worried, then place a call to your doctor's office.