Is this a period?

By Anonymous March 4, 2016 - 6:53am

I took a plan b pill and now when i take out my tampon its just a little bit of blood and its been that way since monday. Is this a period?

This could be side effect bleeding from emergency contraception or it could be your period if it was due about now. There is no way to tell the difference other than timing. Bleeding after taking EC is a common side effect.

I have read conflicting reports on whether this bleeding is a sign that you are not pregnant but your risk is extremely low as EC is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours.

If you are concerned about pregnancy you can test 14-21 days after sex.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills