Period

Hello.
Last month, I was traveling to a place that has an hour time difference from where I live. I was there for a little over a week and was supposed to be getting my period. Usually when traveling I didn't and then it was two weeks late. I was terrified even though I am 18 and a Virgin.
Now, I am supposed to get my period on Wednesday but I am traveling again (again, a one hour time difference) and I feel like it would be so late again. Should I be scared? Am I sick? Something can be wrong?? Also usually before getting my period I have pains in my lower abdomen almost like cramps. But I haven't had those yet...

A LITTLE BACKGROUND :
-Each period I have is usually 3-4 days. Not heavy flow usually.
-Usually got it at the beginning of every month not exactly but kinda but when I traveled last month it was two weeks late so...
-I am a virgin
- not having any weird pains nothing abnormal and no abnormal bleeding.

Please help me one of my friends told me I could have an infection of something I am so worried even though both google and my mom said that as long as you don't have a missed cycle for over three months nothing is abnormal
Thanks

Your mom is right, there is nothing to worry about. Travel can affect some people - causing underlying stress that you may not even feel on the outside. Many people have difficulty moving their bowels when they travel, others cannot sleep well or have a change in their menstrual cycle.

Your period will be along when it's ready - just bring pads/tampons along to be prepared.