Period 8 days early

By November 10, 2010 - 2:00pm

i have a cycle of 28 days i bleed for 6 of them, i got my period on october 16th last month..my husband and i had unprotected sex on october 31st..i have now came on my period on november 3rd 8 days early? Infact its not like my regular period, the flow is much less, and the colour not as bright, its day 4 of my period , and theres barely been anything there all day..could i possible be pregnant? We had our last child 15 years ago..or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Hi Nickola

If you are having your actual period, then you cannot be pregnant but if it's very light then it could be implantation bleeding due to pregnancy. This bleeding should be more like spotting, however, and should be pink or light brown in color. This could be happening with you especially if you have been having unprotected sex.

Since you had your last child 15 years ago, how old are you? You may be entering into perimenopause or menopause itself, thus causing changes in your cycles. Do you think this could be the case?

It's also a good idea to take a pregnancy test, to ease your mind.

I hope to hear back from you soon!