period adnormal

By August 23, 2010 - 11:37am

I am 15 years old my periods have always been on the heavy side and I dont really keep track of it but I know I comes either at the begining of the month or close to the end but suddenly I have it on the 20th of august which is a little bit early and my flow is lighter and less than usual.ITs starting to freak me out. i have never have sex. any advice

I guess she wasent wereing her contacts and she thought it was clean I laughed so hard when she told me

Hi cinbetha

There is no need to 'freak out' just yet about anything!

You may have a period that comes every 24-32 days (or anything in between) which means every month your period will be at a different date. The average cycle is 28 days but there can be fluctuation of several days both before and after this average. This is quite frustrating but since you are young, you may find that you 'even out' in the next couple of years.

What you should do is keep a proper calendar of your dates for about 3 months, to see where you stand. This will let you know an approximation of your cycle (how many days in your cycle) and then you'll know a little more what to expect. Bear in mind that you may be one of the many women (young and older) out there who have irregular cycles. This does not necessarily mean something is wrong but may cause difficulties in both avoiding pregnancy and getting pregnant.

Can you do this for the next three months? All it takes is writing a note down on whatever date you get your period for the next three months so you only need to record 3 dates.

And as always, if you are afraid something else is going on, let your parents or doctor know.

What do you think?

yeah i think i will try that from now on it was just werid because it came so early and it was lighter but thanx for the advice.
oh and my friend wants to now something because she is staying at her friends house and all of the guys pee all over the toilet.she sat on the toilet this one time an now she is both grossed out and worryed that she might have gotten either a disease or pregnant.

(reply to Anonymous)

Urine does not contain semen or sperm, and there is a 0% chance of pregnancy.

Urine is also sterile (bacteria-free), so risk of disease is insignificant. (Some infections may be present in urine, but would not be spread from a few drops of urine---that were most likely dried--to someone's skin).

Did she wipe the toilet off, squat over the toilet, or use toilet paper or other protective barrier over the urine-filled toilet seat? If not...that could be a little "gross" to sit in someone else's urine, but no risk of pregnancy or disease.

Dysmenorrhea Guide