period after miscarriage

By April 22, 2011 - 1:35am

I had my missed miscarriage and D&E on 7th march ,my gynac told me i shall get my period after a month.But it has been more than a 6weeks and i have not yet got it.i m worried alot about it.Is it mormal to have a delayed period after D&E?Pl advice what should i do?

Hi Julia

Thanks for your post and I'm very sorry you had to go through a miscarriage.

From all I know about miscarriage, it's perfectly normal for your cycle to take several weeks (or a couple of months) to get back to normal. Not everyone ovulates two weeks after a miscarriage and goes on to get her period two weeks after that. Every body reacts differently to a miscarriage.

I think it's fine to put a call into your doctor to make sure all is well but I suspect this is quite normal and your period should happen in the next few weeks and your cycle will return to normal.

Please keep us posted and our best to you,

Miscarriage Guide