Period, Endometriosis, Fertility?

By September 5, 2016 - 11:41pm

I am 20 years old, and have had sex but am not looking to get pregnant; I got curious but am too afraid to ask my family doctor.

I have been on brith control pills for my self-diagnosed extreme endometrosis, I have never been diagnosed by a Dr - just by the symptoms ( fetal position curled in a ball, crying/screaming, missing an entire week of school, heavy bleeding, horrible cramps).
I get my period 4X a year as per by birth control pack. I am sure I have endometriosis.

I got on the pills almost right when my period hit, I have no idea what a regular cycle for me is.

Am I able to have children if I go off of birth control pills?

I am to afraid to ask my family dr (I don't want kids now, but sometime in the future).

Hi AnnaS198

At 20 years old you are a grown woman and need to be able to talk to a doctor, I'm not sure why you are afraid. Are you afraid that you will find out you can't have kids down the line? Please don't be afraid - sometimes the worst part of knowing is the unknown.

We cannot say anything about your fertility levels - you will need to get a proper diagnosis. You can't self-diagnose endometriosis.

The only way you can know what's going on with your reproductive system is by proper evaluation and diagnosis. Nobody can tell you over the internet if you can have children or not.

Be brave! You'll be ok - knowing where you stand means you can take action.

Read more about endo here but don't assume you have it even if you have some matching symptoms: http://www.empowher.com/condition/endometriosis

Infertility / Fertility

Infertility / Fertility Guide