Period every third week

Hi, for about 5 months now I have been getting my period every 2-3 weeks. Can I begin menopause at 39yo?

39 would be very early for menopause but you can certainly be in peri-menopause. This is the period before menopause that can last up to 10 years.

Symptoms include irregular periods that could be heavier or lighter some months. A lot of women have shorter cycles (two to three weeks like you are having) . Other symptoms may include difficulty sleeping, occasional mild hold flashes and dryer skin.

You can read all about perimenopause here: http://www.empowher.com/perimenopause/content/perimenopause-what-expect

If you have further questions, talk to your doctor. He/she can run some blood tests on your hormone counts.

I hope this has helped!