Period Issues

Earlier in the month of July, I thought I was on my period the first week of the month, like the normal routine. However instead of bleeding like normal, I was spotting for 6 days. Then at the last week of July I began to have my period, bleeding regularly, but it didn't stop after 1 week like how all my periods did before. My period has continued to flow onto the first week of August, bleeding anywhere from medium to heavy flow, the same as it did the last week of July when I first started to have my period. Why is this happening to me, when it never did before in my years of having my menstrual cycle? I am sexually active, and am trying to conceive. Could this be a miscarriage?

It could be a miscarriage if you are bleeding like this - up to one third of pregnancies end in miscarriages. In early miscarriages, some women mistake them for long/heavy periods.

I would advise you to take a pregnancy test, it may show positive. If it does you may be miscarrying. Then call your doctor, you may need an evaluation.

Good luck to you!