Period is late 4-5 months Dont know why

I haven’t had my period in 4-5 months, last time I had my period it was very light and only lasted 2-3 days. Not it’s not came at all, I haven’t had any cramps or the usual period symptoms you get. Lately I’ve had some discomfort but very minor only notice if you think about it. Some history about me, my periods have been irregular for a long while its that bad I don’t know when I will receive it. Also I have mental health issues i.e depression and anxiety I’ve had it for a long time. It has gotten better my mental health state and I do exercise i.e the gym twice a week and I have lost a stone and 6 pounds in the last 9 months.

I have done pregnancy test and they came back negative
So If you have an idea on what might be wrong please get back to me

Hi CherryBlossomKiss

Thanks for writing!

It sounds less that your period is late than you have stopped getting them altogether. This is called secondary amenorrhea and refers to the absence of a menstrual cycle. Primary amenorrhea occurs if an adolescent female has not yet begun menstruation by around age 16 or so. Secondary amenorrhea describes a condition in which a woman who has previously menstruated on a regular basis misses three or more periods in a row. In the United States, amenorrhea affects between 2-5% of women.

Secondary amenorrhea is most commonly caused by pregnancy. But in nonpregnant women, amenorrhea may result from a variety of factors, including an existing medical condition, lifestyle, emotional distress, hormonal irregularity, or medication. Every effort should be made to determine the exact cause. Specific causes of amenorrhea include:

Dramatic weight loss, particularly from drastic diets, eating disorders including anorexia and bulimia , or excessive exercise
Dramatic weight gain or morbid obesity
Birth defects including lack of a uterus, vagina, or other reproductive organs
Medical conditions including cystic fibrosis , Cushing's disease , polycystic ovary , or Prader-Willi syndrome.

Treatment for amenorrhea is dependent upon the cause of the condition:

Congenital birth defect—may be correctable by surgery
Pituitary tumor—treatments usually involve surgery or radiation therapy
Hormonal irregularity—hormone therapy, including oral contraceptives, may cause menstruation to begin
Weight related—improved diet, including healthy caloric intake and a reasonable exercise routine usually restores hormonal balance and menstruation
Medical condition—if effective treatment is available, it may restore menstruation

CherryBlossomKiss, I suggest you see a doctor about why you have stopped getting your periods. There are a number of different tests they can perform for you.