Period or breakthrough bleeding?

By October 1, 2016 - 9:11am

I have been on Nuvaring for two months now. I leave them in for 4 weeks and never have a period. Except this month I had light brown spotting starting 5 days before it was due to change the ring which then slowly turned brighter as the days went on then became brown again the day I changed the ring. It was a bit heavy for a few days but tapered off. I’ve had cramping along with it. Is this normal, or should I see a doctor?

Hi cew017

Spotting and some cramping is not unusual but to ease you mind, call the doctor who prescribed this method of birth control and ask him/her for information.

As always, a pregnancy test is needed to know if you are pregnant.