Period or implantation bleed?

By March 2, 2016 - 2:40pm

My previous question I mentioned I was 6 days late and had taken about 5 tests which all came back negative. (all taken in morning) I was sick with a stomach virus the first week of February that lasted two days and the week before I had very stressful days that even cut my last period short. I was supposed to get my period february 24th but it didn't come. Today I had that "I'm about to start" feeling and earlier I went to the bathroom and checked and I wiped brownish reddish. Not sure now if it's my period or implantation bleeding. Tho I've read implantation bleeding or spotting happens before you miss your period. Is this true? Could my stomach virus and stress from before caused my period to come late? Would you say it's my period or implantation bleeding? I am 25 and not on birthcontrol. Also, could my stress these days of being pregnant cause my period to be shorter and lighter than usual?

Hi again Naby40!

As we discussed in our other thread (ordinarily please just continue on one thread), stress and sickness can certainly delay your periods.

Since you are now bleeding, this appears to be the start of your period. Try not to overthink this, be happy!

Implantation (and any bleeding involved) would have happened about two weeks ago. Give your period a day or two more to come on, sometimes it can take that long. You're not pregnant.

In future, always use birth control - there are many options - you can look at them here: http://www.empowher.com/providers/article/birth-control-facts