period pains 3 days before my period is due

I am a 39 year old female, this is the 1st time this happen to me, i have been having my periods every month then last week end i had sex with my boyfriend and i used protection, my cycle is either 26 or 28days my last period started on april 27, so please help i really don't understand what caused those pains on both sides of my ovaries, i can't be pregnant because i did check the condom after we used it if it was broken or leaked but it was ok, your help will be appreciated.

If you are using condoms, and as you described you are using them correctly and consistently, it is unlikely that you are pregnant.

Women's periods can be late for no apparent reason, but they are not really considered late until after 35 days (since your last period). Today is only May 22nd, and your last period was April 27th. You can wait until the first week in June to see if your period is just delayed.

I am unsure what you are referring to when you say "those pains on both sides of my ovaries", but women do experience some slight cramping during ovulation. If your pain continues or becomes worse, you can call your doctor to rule out any medical conditions. However, it sounded like a one-time occurrence?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Thank you Allison for your answer, now 1 more thing is that after having sex with my boyfriend i was very itchy down there, i want to know if am allergic to condoms and we was using lover's plus condoms.