Period Pains but period Not due for 2 weeks?

By October 28, 2010 - 12:41pm

i have been trying for a baby for 2 years, ive unfortunately had 2 miscarriages and found out i have Protein S Deficiency, so when i get to this point i can't help but get mixed emotions...the first day of my last period was 5th oct, i usually have a 35 day cycle, i have been doing a fertility diary logging my basal temp for 2 months and i usually ovulate around day 21. im now on day 23 and ovulation according to my tempreture was on day 21? im now getting period like pains, my stomach is feeling bloated and once again the thoughts are in my mind of maybe baby? my breasts are not sore but im very aware of them and they do feel bigger then normal......seriously im driving myself nuts is this all in my head or could there be a chance? with the last 2 pregnancy's ive known before my period date that i am pregnant but then again ive also had that alot since and have not been pregnant...Help!!!!!

Hi mrstoshb

Thanks for your question and welcome! I'm very sorry you have gone through these miscarriages - that can't have been easy to deal with at all. I hope you have a good support network.

Of course you may be pregnant! Since you know you can get pregnant and are actively trying, the possibility of being pregnant is always there. However, your symptoms of pregnancy would not start two or three days after sperm and egg connect - it would take at least another couple of weeks, generally speaking.

You may be experiencing PMS (but that would be early, for a 35 day cycle) or you could have some kind of bug that has nothing to do with anything. At this stage, mrstoshb, it could be any of the above.

The only thing we can advise you to do is wait another 7-10 days and test for pregnancy. I know it's hard but there is now way to tell right now what's causing these symptoms.

I'm sorry we don't have an answer for you but I'd love to hear an update from you!