Period symptoms, but no period

By January 6, 2012 - 12:54pm

Hello I am 7 days late on my very regular period. I have been having almost daily unprotected sex with my husband for over 3 years, and no pregnancies (he has one son from a previous marriage). I have severly sore breasts and nipples, fatigue, and occasional cramping like I am going to being my period for almost 2 weeks now. I keep thinking I am going to start, but nothing! There is some additional white distarge which is unusal as well. I took 2 home pregnancy tests that were negative. I don't understand any of these symptoms. Could I be pregnant, or should I wait several more weeks before checking again? I guess I just assumed HPTs would be able to tell by now... Thank you so much!

Thank you for the quick response! Yes my period comes on the 30/31/1st of every month so I would say very regular. I don't usually have any cramping unless my period is happening then and there, however this feels rather mild but continuous compared to my regular menstrual cramps. Also, these PMS-type symptoms and cramping have lasted almost 2 weeks now, which is also unusual. Typically I have PMS for one week, and on that 7th day I get my period. So confusing! Could this all just be a hormonal change happening this month?

HERWriter Guide (reply to KarinaO)
Hi KarinaO Yes, it could be something hormonal going on but pregnancy is still a possibility. Take another test in a couple of days and/or call your doctor either way, to see what's going on and to evaluate why you are experiencing these symptoms. Also, how old are you? Best, ~Susan January 9, 2012 - 12:30pm

I took another test on 1/8 and it came back positive!!! Could not be more excited!!! Turns out these cramps may have just been implantation cramping I suppose? Thank you for all of your help, I still can't believe it! Seeing my doctor tomorrow... I'm 24 by the way :) Thank you again!

HERWriter Guide (reply to KarinaO)

I am so thrilled for you! Congratulations and have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!

Hi KarinaO

You are right - HPTs should be accurate by now and your symptoms could be PMS and your period is just really late. But HPTs don't work for all women, and you may be pregnant. If you don't get your period in the next 3-5 days, test again.

Are you periods generally quite regular?