Period a week late, symptoms, but negative tests?

By December 2, 2009 - 7:52am

Im 23 and actively trying for a bay since May 2009. Have a regular cycle of 28 days (maybe a day or two either side). I had mt last period 28th October 2009 and nothing since. Have done 2 home pregnancy tests, both negative. Visited Dr. who said after 2 negatives its unlikely im pregnant, and thats all he said on the matter. I had an abortion unfortunately 4 and a hlaf yrs ago. I was 9 wks by the time i found out and even then the pregnancy test only showed a very faint positive. What do you think? Could I be pregnant? Im going out of my mind with not knowing. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your reply.
I did another test this morning, and again it was negative. I have done one digital test, and 2 predictors with the lines.
I have an appointment with a Health Advisor this afternoona t the doctors so I'm going to see if they can shed some light on this for me. Will let you know how I get on.

(reply to mt1986)

So glad you have an appointment. Please do let us know, OK?

Dear mt1986

Normally I'd agree with your doctor that two negative tests means it's unlikely you're pregnant but since you have had a positive pregnancy test before, and only got a faint line at 9 weeks along, you may be a person with low hCG levels at the beginning of pregnancy. So if you are usually very regular and actively trying for a baby, you may now "show" on a pregnancy test until you're a few weeks into your pregnancy. This is unusual but it does happen with some women.

Ask your doctor to schedule a lab draw for you - you don't even have to see him, just report for a quick blood draw.

Were the tests you took the ones with lines or a +/- sign or were they digital?

Will you let us know the result? I'm hoping for a big old positive for you!