By Anonymous April 27, 2015 - 12:07am

Hey there. i had the Implanon removed on 10th of Feb and i had a period on the 12th April and i have just started another period on on the 26th of April. I have a ovarian cyst but the gynecologists has deemed it normal and it will go away by itself, is this what has caused me to have my period again?

Thanks for your post. 

Some women can take up to 3 months to get a normal cycle after they come off birth control. This may be the case with you. Check into side effects of coming off this birth control (you can google it's website) to see if this can happen - I suspect it can. 

I know it's very irritating but it's caused by a change in your hormonal system now that your body's menstrual cycle isn't on hormonal pills anymore.