Periods not stopping after pill

Hi, I took Ipill on 23rd. I got my periods on 30th. Bleeding hasn't reduced till date. I know the bleeding is cos of Ipill only but this is the first time this is happening to me. Bleeding for almost 9days. Please tell me is this common to happen with Ipill or is there an issue?

Thank you for sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

Menstrual bleeding a period that lasts from three to seven days. Prolonged menstrual bleeding, or menorrhagia, is bleeding that goes beyond a week.

Typically prolonged bleeding is a condition that can be easily controlled with birth control hormones. However, since you are currently on birth control pills, I would recommend making an appt with the doctor that prescribed them. You might need to change the brand or explore other options.

Call your doctor and explain your symptoms so they can give you direction.

I hope this helps.

Be well,