Pill, Pregnancy! i dont know!

Hi, im on the pill, iv bin on it for about 3 years. iv also bin abit naughty and for just under a year iv not give my body a proper break from the pill for my period so i have just been taking the pills to stop. this month twice i have come of the pill to start my period and i havent had it but i am having time of the month symptoms but a little bit more worse, i havent had unprotected sex or anything but i worry i am pregnant. i know im not, i just worry but could me taking the till without a period so long cause damage to me when i want a period like it feels it is doing now? FLIPPING HELP SOMEONE!

Hi HeatherJayne93

I'm not sure what you actual issue is, if you know you are not pregnant.

It's hard to understand what information you are looking for. Are you saying that you have taken the Pill every single day, without the 7 day break, so as not to have a period? And are you now saying that you are changing things around in order to get your period (which is actually break-through) bleeding?

If this is the case, and you have come off the Pill twice this month - meaning you are stopping and starting the Pill - then it's normal that you are experiencing no bleeding because you are confusing your reproductive system by withdrawing and then adding hormones that don't coincide with your menstrual cycle, and then withdrawing the hormones again.

I don't know your future plans for birth control but to get your breakthrough bleeding now, stay off the Pill until you get it, and then go back on it, per the instructions. It's unknown when you will get it but it'll be in the next few weeks. Use a back up method of birth control to avoid pregnancy.
Or simple stay off the Pill if that's what you wish and use an alternative method of birth control if you don't want to get pregnant.

For now, you have to play a waiting game until your system gets back on track.

Thanks for writing,